compile kodi 14.2 - mind-breaker
Good morning.
I'm trying to compile a custom version of kodi 14.2 for windows, some time ago i compiled version 12.2 Frodo correctly, but 14.2 complicated.
I have a unique computer for this, formatted and windows 7 installed.
My problems:
What is "Visual C ++ 2013"? It would be the visual studio 2013 express?
I downloaded "Express 2013 for Desktop" in https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downl...io-vs.aspx but when I tried to install appears to not work on windows 7.
What operating system should I install on PC and where have to download this "Visual C ++ 2013" to work up correctly?
Go for the community edition, if you don't have to look at the disk space.
the message in the installer says I need a newer version of Windows and Internet Explorer 10 installed, but the wiki kodi says it is windows 7, someone can tell me the correct information?
I've been building Kodi using Visual Studio Express 2013 for Desktop on Windows 7 for a long time now without any issues so it is very possible.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-08-26, 02:59)roneyrogerio92 Wrote: the message in the installer says I need a newer version of Windows and Internet Explorer 10 installed, but the wiki kodi says it is windows 7, someone can tell me the correct information?

So which internet explorer are you on?

Can compile with windows 7, ie11 and vs2013/2015 just fine.
Most likely you are missing the latest windows 7 service pack
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Having just configured my first Kodi dev environment on a Win 7 machine I am just a little ahead of you Roney. This is the best of my experience.

Memphiz is right, you need Win7 Sp1 to get Visual Studio 2013 Express working.

You could use Visual Studio 2015 Community (also free) as Razze suggests but you need 2013 files to build the project without errors. Not totally sure, but with just VS2015 installed I got in a mess.

You can get VS2013 working with old IE versions (and all seems fine), but after a 30 day trial period it wants to phone home and needs IE10 (or later) installed to be able to do that.
ok, thanks.
I'll keep trying in windows 7
updating windows install vs2013 correctly.
but still can not compile. when I click BuildSetup appears 3 files (errormingw, makeclean, noprompt) with the word "bla" inside.
Already changed the Environment Variables to:

C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\TypeScript\1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Git\bin;C:\Program Files\Git\mingw32\bin;C:\Program Files\NSIS\Bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_60\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_60\bin

Any help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
compile kodi 14.2 - mind-breaker0