User configurable delay before refresh rate adjustment is triggered
It seems there is currently no way to configure a delay before Kodi proceeds to adjust the refresh rate of the TV. This could be user-configurable via advancedsettings.

Even a very brief dip in the frame rate seems to trigger the adjustment, resulting in an annoying flicker on the screen (a flash of black screen). A delay of a few seconds before Kodi proceeds with the adjustment would make sure the refresh rate actually did change and wasn't just a momentary fps dip. It's a constant problem with my home videos, which play just fine if I manually disable refresh rate adjustment (but is a PITA to toggle every time).
This actually could be useful for files that use variable framerate, so long it didn't wait to change when the file was first played.
I shoot in UHD resolution with my Galaxy Note 4, which apparently can be quite taxing on the hardware sometimes and hence the occasional fps dips. Kodi then interprets these very brief fluctuations as a refresh rate change. Would be nice to have some control over it but I have no clue how easy it would be to implement.
i don't think what you say is the cause for your problem...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-08-25, 21:40)Memphiz Wrote: i don't think what you say is the cause for your problem...

Not sure what you mean. Following the Kodi log and debug overlay, it's clear the refresh rate adjustment (resulting in the black screen flash) happens precisely as the fps momentarily dips low enough. Furthermore, turning refresh rate adjustment off, the same videos play without any probems in Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
User configurable delay before refresh rate adjustment is triggered0