Win Custom subtitle fonts are deleted when installing newer version
I've always had a custom font to display subtitles for my media because the 'built-in' fonts were to wide for my liking's. So I copy my favorite subtitle font (Arial Narrow) to the 'c:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\media\Fonts\' directory on every XBMC install I have in my house, and I never had any issues when installing a newer version of XBMC

Since the name change to Kodi I found out that the custom font I've put in the '~\Kodi\media\Fonts\' directory gets deleted every time I install a newer version. So for the first couple of (beta) releases I took it for granted and just copied the font back again, but now it really starts to annoy me, especially when having to do that action on 4 different computers, and some of them don't have a keyboard or mouse attached to them so I have to get creative with Teamviewer or network copy's to the default c$ share.

Is there a way to preserve my custom subtitle font when upgrading?

Edit: Don't know if this issue also appears on other systems so changed the prefix to Windows.
Problem still persists. Fonts should be placed in the userdata folder, I think.
Just upgraded from 16.0 to 16.1 and my custom subtitle font was again deleted from the \Kodi\media\fonts directory on my Windows machines.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom subtitle fonts are deleted when installing newer version0