Upgrade kodi from 14.2 to 15.1
Hi

I have a raspberry with kodi 14.2 Git

I want to upgrade kodi from 14.2 to 15.1

My operating system is Raspbian 7 (wheezy)

I ran sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade but the kodi is not up to date.

Thanks in advance for your help.
You'll need to wait. Serge (who looks after the raspberry pi repo on raspbian) was working on a build at the weekend.
I suspect it will be updated soon.
Thanks
I will wait
But I dont understand why my kody says that there is a new stable version
Because the update check add-on checks our website, and our website just generically says "15.1" for all platforms. We might consider an option changing that for Raspberry Pi's, as all Raspberry Pi-based releases aren't timed up with our other platforms.
I have Raspberry Pi 2 with Open Elec/Raspbian/Kodi 14.2. What is the easiest way to upgrade to Kodi 15.1? Will sudo apt-get update or sudo apt-get upgrade work?

Thanks in advance
(2015-09-09, 00:23)Nakiboy Wrote: I have Raspberry Pi 2 with Open Elec/Raspbian/Kodi 14.2. What is the easiest way to upgrade to Kodi 15.1? Will sudo apt-get update or sudo apt-get upgrade work?

Which is it - OpenELEC or Raspbian?

For OpenELEC just copy the latest OpenELEC tar file (currently 5.95.5, download from openelec.tv) into the Update folder and reboot. Connect to your Pi using Windows File Explorer - not Internet Explorer - and enter "\\<ipaddress>" (without quotes) into the address bar, where <ipaddress> is the IP address of your Pi.

For Raspbian, the apt-get route would probably be the correct solution, depending on where you installed Kodi from.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
If you want Kodi 15.1 + PVRs for Raspbian Wheezy, in debian packages, you have it here:

http://pipplware.pplware.pt/pipplware/di...in/binary/

These packages are based in the ones present in the Raspbian repos, but more updated and compiled from the popcornmix (excellent work) isengard-backports branch of Kodi.

Keep in mind that you may need some dependencies, they are all located in the repo above and pushed automatically.

It should work just fine but if you have any problem, let me know it.
Thanks very much for your replies.

Sorry if my post was confusing. When the Pi starts up I have an option to either go into Raspbian or Kodi. I haven't really got my head around which is the base operating system and which is an application.
I originally downloaded "Pi NOOBS" from here: http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/NOOBS_latest
Well, I assume you didnt installed an operating system already. You have to choose what you really want to do with the raspberry and choose an operating system accordingly.
If you want a media center like Kodi, go for OpenELEC, OSMC, or others alike. If you want to do others things, maybe Raspbian is better suited for you.
@popcornmix can you please backport this to your Isengard Backports branch ?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7926/commits

I'm sorry, I am not still get used to github... Thanks
I'm quite new at this. I've been waiting for a kodi update to arrive, regularly checking http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian/pool/main/k/kodi/.
The new packages seem to have been added, but when I try to update nothing happens. Why is that, and can I update manually in some way?
How can I update kodi 14.1?

I use raspberry pi 2b with raspbian wheeze

Please help

apt-get update and then apt-get install kodi, I become every time massage it is all ready the newest Version
Wheezy is no longer supported. You should upgrade to jessie, which contains a Kodi 15 package.

If you just want to run kodi then OpenELEC or OSMC are recommended.
Problem is I use the Raspberry also for FHEM and Lirc and this was not working correctly on OSMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrade kodi from 14.2 to 15.10