Can't stream live TV or recording
I'm new to XBMC but have good understanding of Windows Media Center.
Since WMC is not available Windows 10 and for 8.1 you have to buy a pro pack and even if you buy the pro pack you can't use none Microsoft extender I was hoping to have Kodi as the front end to my WMC
here is my setup
Back-end server
Windows 7 Pro SP1
2 HDhomerun Prime with Cable cards paired at the cable company
Configured WMC and can watch live TV even HBO record and timeshift
Installed ServerWMC all channels are available and the recorded TV folders are shared
Configure Kodi on the same server
Add on PVR.wmc and configured to my local host and enable Live TV in setting
I can stream live TV (except HBO) watch recording use EAG all working as expected
Remote front end
Windows 10 with kodi
Ethernet connection so the front end and the server communicate over Ethernet not WiFi
HDMI connection to my TV
In setting I set a file manager connection to my server via SMB working and can browse the Recorded TV share
Enabled PVR.wmc and configured the host setting as the IP of the server left the default port
went to Setting and enabled TV it took about 5 minutes get all the channels
went to the TV in the main screen. The channels listing is correct the guide is working and the recorded shows appear in the list
Here is my problem when I try to watch live TV either from the guide or the channels i Get the working spinning for a few seconds but no live TV it stays on the same screen channels or guide
I does the same for recorded TV
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Just to be clear, HBO will not work via Kodi due to DRM.

As far as the issue with the second client, you'll really need to provide a log from ServerWMC in order for us to help. You can us pastebin so that you don't create a super long post here, just put the link in this thread. Try starting ServerWMC fresh, then connect from the Windows 10 client and attempt to watch Live TV or a recording. Copy the debug log and use pastebin.
Added a Raspberry Pi 2 preinstalled with openELEC Kodi. Configure as above steps and all features are working including streaming live TV so i think that the backend is setup correctly. I will compare both frontend configuration and report tomorrow
(2015-08-25, 21:11)balakson Wrote: Enabled PVR.wmc and configured the host setting as the IP of the server left the default port
went to Setting and enabled TV it took about 5 minutes get all the channels

This long time get it from the wmc.db! I think it is a big file, with a lot of trash.
Want you a normal get in from about 15 second, than kill this db and restart wmc, so that it create a new file.

(2015-08-25, 21:11)balakson Wrote: Here is my problem when I try to watch live TV either from the guide or the channels i Get the working spinning for a few seconds but no live TV it stays on the same screen channels or guide

This ist a clear flag, that you have access problems in it.
Read this, I hope it will help: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1631793

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't stream live TV or recording0