Addon Favorites - Help needed!
Hi,
Im finishing up my first kodi video addon (for channelawesome.com) but im getting stuck.
I got most of the basic scraping and python stuff working but i fail at some the specific kodi related things.

My main problem is i dont really know where to start with a addon favorites section.
I have created a directory with all listed shows on the site and want the user to add those to a favorites section of the addon to have quicker access to those but dont clutter there main kodi favorites.
I want to add a context menu item for every show with this option, and of course in the favorites directory a option to remove them as well.

Does anyone have a good example for doing this? i dont really know where to start and couldnt find a good example of this i can understand.

My code is on github to check out:
https://github.com/sonicnkt/plugin.video...Default.py

Besides this i have two fine tuning questions also regarding kodi specific python.

1. Jump to Page Option
I created a addon entry (folder) where the user can jump to a specific page. (see line 155)
But if the user cancels the dialog a empty folder still get opened, is there a way to stop this?
I also want to pass another variable to this function containing the max page number but using my current implementation using addDir and mode is this possible?

2. Cancel Playback initialisation
if my script cant scrape a embedded video of a post it will display the text (see line 213).
But after this windows is closed it still tries to play a url and fails of course.
I tried to stop this playback process (see uncommented lines) but failed. Any idea?
I got favorites working by passing a special url variable to the function where i store the information it needs. this works for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addon Favorites - Help needed!0