Win Updating library
All of my movies are placed in a Video folder on my NAS. I have added this folder to the Kodi video library.

When I update my video libray, Kodi adds new movies to the library out of the movie folder on my NAS. However, when I delete a movie out of the movie folder, this movie will not be deleted out of de video library.

I need to manually clean the library (system\Video\library) to achieve this. Even when I delete the folder that contains all of my movies out of the kodi library (Videos\Libray\Files\remove source), all movies remain in the libray and can still be played.

I can understand this if you only add movies to the movie collection. However, in my case, I always delete a movie once I have seen it.

Is it possible to automatically update the library in such a way that deleted movies will also be removed out of the Kodi library?

Any suggestions?
In an advancedsettings.xml:
Quote: <videolibrary>
<cleanonupdate>True</cleanonupdate> <!-- default set to false to prevent Kodi from removing items from the database while updating. -->
</videolibrary>
Thank you for your reply.

However, I do not understand.
Do I need to create a file 'advancedsettings.xml'? What should it contain? Where dor I put it?

Please explain..

Thank you!
the wiki is your friend
Ok, thank you.

If I understand this correctly, the content of advancedsettings.xml should be:

<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<cleanonupdate>True</cleanonupdate>
</videolibrary>[/align][/align]
</advancedsettings>

Correct?
Yup minus the align stuff from your cut and paste, so its:

Quote:<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<cleanonupdate>True</cleanonupdate>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
This works!

However, not completely.

When I remove the folder containing all movies out of the video library, and update my video libray, not all movies are removed. The are always 2 or 3 movies remaining in the video library. Therefore, I need to remove these manually.

Any suggestions?
I guess we would need a debug log of you recreating the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating library0