Kodi installing in wrong path?
Today I upgraded my system (apt-get dist-upgrade on ubuntu 14.04.1 to 14.04.3) and after that Kodi did not start and I just kept getting "/usr/local/bin/kodi: 156: /usr/local/bin/kodi: /usr/local/lib/kodi/kodi.bin: not found"

I check the directory "/usr/local/lib/kodi/" and true enough, the only file there was kodi-xrandr, no kodi.bin.
So I do "apt-get purge kodi and kodi.bin" and reinstall them, but the error persists.
Now I check the install path of kodi.bin with "dpkg -L kodi-bin" and notice it does not install in "/usr/local/lib/kodi/" but "/usr/lib/kodi/".

Either it is installing to the wrong path, or the /usr/local/bin/kodi is looking in the wrong directory. I solved it by symlinking "/usr/local/lib/kodi/" to "/usr/lib/kodi/", but it seems something is wrong somewhere with the installation.
the problem is on your end. Our packages only ever install to /usr.
If something is looking there for it, you installed/compiled kodi manually, as /usr/local is the default prefix.
Well, I have compiled xbmc in the past on the machine, but not since before v13. I have never compiled v14 or v15 on this machine, only installed it from stable PPA and it has worked up until now. During the dist-upgrade it updated from PPA from v15 to v15.1 and after that I got this problem.
Also would not a "apt-get purge kodi kodi.bin" remove all traces of Kodi before I reinstalled?
That is weird. I downloaded the Isengard source from git and ran "./bootstrap", "./configure" and finally "sudo make uninstall". After that I once again did "apt-get purge kodi kodi.bin". After that I could reinstall and everything end up where it should. Problem solved, but I have no idea how it came to be in the first place as I have not kompiled from source since v13 and everything have worked out properly up until this happened.
simple: it was the manual v13 install lingering around.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi installing in wrong path?0