Solved Amlogic: zoomed or not fullscreen picture
Solved zoomed problem on M8 box for me but lost hardware acceleration.
I have the MXQ Android TV Box and i have 2 issues is anyone can please help me?

1) How do you Install this update on my box (Step by step Please)

2) i have 45Meg Hardwired Connection Internet but when i do a Speed Test on my MXQ Box i am testing at max 18Megs, Does anyone know to get the full 45Megs or near it?
Thumbs Up 
Thank's to the OP, it's working for me!

Vensmile MXQ Amlogic S805
Hardware: amlogic Meson8B (dunno if it's help!)

PS:
It was easy to setup even if i'm a noob!
There are so many youtube tutorial out there to instal whatever you want in your box.
Dont be lazy and help yourself , self-learning is the way to go my friends! Nod
NOTICE For Kodi v16 "Jarvis"

Android Surface Rendering

Today we merged a change for Android which makes it possible for the GUI to be displayed at 1080p and the video playback at 4K. We now use the "android surface rendering" which is a default implementation of the Android system.
What this does is grant the ability for the device to render the Kodi GUI at say 1080p but actually do video playback at 4K.

This doesn't apply to amlogic devices with proper permissions, which will still use amcodec.

Any build from 24th October will have this change and should make any device that uses the proper implementation of the Android API.
Should you be able please test out these builds. Be warned that this is based on Kodi v16 and these are still devs builds and caution should be taken.

Disclaimer:
As we just implemented this change there could still be some minors bugs that could pop up with the variety of devices that will be solved during coming weeks.
In case you have a problem with video playback please provide proper debuglogs and information. Failing to do so the problem will be ignored.

Any device that is not able to do "android surface rendering" has not implemented the standard Android MediaCodec API the proper way. If this is the case please go ask your device manufacturer to do a proper job and release a fixed FW version. We as Team Kodi are not responsible for broken or bad firmware by device manufacturers. We will no longer implement any hacks or workarounds.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It's working fine, I just tried.
I have this issue with mx3 android tv box .i downloaded thE link but still zoomed up mode. Do I uninstall kodi before I install new one or is the link a patch for existing kodi.
Many thanks
Will this be released as stable soon?
Installed it on my MX iii, and my zoom issues are solved.
Guys I have a 4k android tv box...and Iam tech illiterate. Could you tell me where I enter the fix on the box?
Can someone please explain to me where I enter the thread for the build onto my android box. I have no idea how to enter it.
404 page not found on the first post when I wanted to download the app ! Sad
(2015-08-27, 22:38)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-08-27, 22:35)bernzpeed Wrote: Just upgraded to isengard and the picture is still small
Dit you actually install the build that is listed here?

The link is not working ,,404 page not found,,
The fix is in 15.2
Closing this one

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amlogic: zoomed or not fullscreen picture3