Streaming Kodi to TV in another room
I'm trying to find a way to stream Kodi (or my whole PC screen) to another room, and be able to control it with a remote. I looked at the NZXT Doko, which is well within my price range, but I have read that it has a low frame rate and that the quality of the video is reduced.

My PC runs on Windows 7 (though I might take the free upgrade to 10), and is connected to my living room TV. The TV I intend to stream to is in the bedroom above. I am not allowed to drill any holes in my house as it is privately rented. I was considering using an Ethernet cable via a powerline adaptor, or using wifi as my room is directly above my router.

Thanks.
Install kodi on your PC and for remote you can checkout

http://kodi.wiki/view/Remote_Controls#All_in_One_Remote
Kodi is installed on my PC, which is connected to one TV. I want to stream it to another TV in another room.
Why don't you use another device like a rpi and share the db between the two devices with mysql?
(2015-08-26, 21:49)kyungrak Wrote: Why don't you use another device like a rpi and share the db between the two devices with mysql?

RPI as in Raspberry Pi? If I shared the database, could I pick up what I was doing downstairs upstairs? Like, if I was watching a stream, have it resume from the same point, and if I was playing a game, pause it and resume it upstairs?
Yes to all questions.

Actually for games I don't know.
Thanks for the information. I don't suppose you can point me at a guide for setting up Kodi on a Raspberry Pi?
wiki

Actually I only pointed at rpi because it's one of the cheapest solution.
You should read this too: mysql
Correct, you would need another media player on the second room and find a way to share the database (mysql).

These days, you can find a good Kodi player anywhere from $40 ~ $200. It all depends on your needs and how much time you are willing to spend setting it up.

Cheapest option:
- buy a cheap kodi player with wireless capabilities
- from W7, create network shares for the media
- from w7, share the DB aka mysql
Th above implies you have a wireless routers with good signal
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming Kodi to TV in another room0