Win Need help please getting: Error: Unable to create application. Exiting.
Okay. That's handy to know. We have a normal user, and UNC is kicking in correctly.

Do you normally have permission to install software on this work PC? When was the last time you tried installing something?

What, exactly, does it say on the screen alongside "C:\Users\ROBERT~1.BEL\AppData\Local\Temp\nsg6B35.tmp\modern-header.bmp" ?

Just checking - you did delete EVERYTHING in that %TEMP% folder when I suggested it above?

If you go into your temp folder, can you delete that nsg6B35.tmp folder and its contents? Make sure you try deleting it after you have rebooted but before clicking on the KODI installer.
I usually always am able to add any program I want. I am an admin on the cpu as well.

I try and open KODI and it has a red x and says "Error opening file for writing"
"C:\Users\ROBERT~1.BEL\AppData\Local\Temp\nsg6B35.tmp\modern-header.bmp"

click abort to stop the installation
retry to try again
ignore to skip this file

is there ways of posting pics here?
That helps a lot. You are being told that you don't have right to write to your own Temp folder?!?! Very weird.

Go into %TEMP% ( C:\Users\Robert.Belard\AppData\Local\Temp\ )

Now try and copy a file into that folder. Do you have the ability to write to this folder?

Have you deleted everything in the Temp Folder?

(Please don't keep skipping questions, I ask these for a reason as I am narrowing down the problem. If you don't know what I am asking, then just tell me to re-word it Smile)
I do have the ability to write the folder. I just deleted everytihng in the temp folder as well.

Sorry I am not trying to skip any questions I really appreciate you helping me man
If you can delete the stuff in that folder. And if you have just wrote something to the folder. Then I am starting to run out of ideas.

Leave the folder open this time when you run the KODI installer. Do you see it starting to unpack correctly in here? All Windows Installations start by unpacking into this TEMP folder. The actual installation then gets run from there.

Try grabbing the installer for something else. Something like VLC ( https://www.videolan.org/vlc/ ) Does their installer do the same thing?
Something that IDK might help is that someone intended to try and restore this computer to an earlier date because it was running a little slow but it was unsuccessful Idk if that helps but I did have an unsuccessful try at restoring to a previous time
I left the folder open and when I try and install KODI a new folder comes out but it still doesnt let KODI install it gives me the same error.

I also downloaded the VLC video installer and that installed with no problems.
If system restore is failing on that PC, then I am wondering what else may be failing. May be time to hand the PC back to the IT guys in the workplace. Otherwise I'll be suggesting running a CHKDSK /F and looking deeper under the bonnet.

Seeing VLC install first time is a little confusing as I was expecting the same error.

Just in case it corrupted, the only thing I can suggest is to grab the installer again one last time.
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/ko...engard.exe
OR: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/ko...rd_rc2.exe

What is the anti-virus on the PC? Do you have the ability to disable it for 10 minutes while the installer runs?
I might just have to do that. I just dont want to tell them why they need to check my computer because I should be working not streaming lol

I think the anti virus program I have is malwarebytes I tried both of those kodi and neither were successful
Anti-virus is unlikely to be Malwarebytes. Usually that is used as a secondary malware scanner. There will be some other icon down there by the clock doing the anti-virus job. And if you have a big IT department then I guess that AV will be pretty locked down to stop the staff fiddling with it.

It is certainly a puzzle this one. There must be some IT Policy in place otherwise I can't see what is stopping it from unpacking to the temp folder. Have a look around for some other program that is more work related that also stumbles with its installer as I am pretty sure this isn't just a KODI thing.

As to the issue of streaming at work... if your IT guys are any good they would soon notice all that extra data flooding in your direction and come over to "have a word".
Kasperky I believe is the anti virus.

The weird this is that I had to download TVMC and that works for me.

I need a way of hiding that extra data lol

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help please getting: Error: Unable to create application. Exiting.0