Windows Vista video issue
Hello all, as a lurker, I've searched through the windows forums to try and identify a similar issue as mine, but could not come up with one. Without being horribly vague, I'm running Vista on my laptop, here's my problem..... Running Helix, Kodi starts up with no issues at all. After choosing a stream, the "working" icon would rotate normally, the movie stream would start, and all I would have, is audio, no video. This happened for a while, so I formatted my laptop, reinstalled Kodi, using Helix again, and it resolved my issue. A month later, same thing started happening again. No video, just audio.
I tried installing Isengard 15.1, but have the same problem. I not exactly certain on processor speed, but do know there 3 GB of ram.
Corrupt video driver? Once again, sorry if I'm way too vague. Computer literate, but not a pro, that's for sure. I'm hoping it's an easy fix.
No easy fix here for that. I've seen this a couple of times on my system too, usually it's bandwidth issue, enough speed to bring down the audio, but not enough for the video. Have a look at a standard youtube video and using the keybaord 'o' command watch for bottle necks. You might fiddle with the hardware acceleration, try it off and see what does for you. Might be time to update to win7, i's a smidge faster in some areas and might be the solve.
You could upload a log and help with the diagnosis.
Preemptive of posting the log file, can you try and back-up/remove the guisettings.xml and profiles.xml in userdata and see if that works, (files will be reset to default on launch of KODI again, in lieu of file corruption. If not restore your backed-up originals)

To get to the folder;
Press 'Windows' key + 'R' key
Copy paste command: %appdata%\Kodi\userdata\
Press OK

HTH

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Vista video issue0