3D movies on Openelec vs Raspbian
Hi everyone!

I have been using the Raspberry Pi 2 for some weeks and I began with Openelec. It was working perfectly but I wanted to do something more with it so I installed Raspbian. The problem is now when I put any 3D movie the TV won't change to 3D mode, Kodi is showing the GUI correctly for 3D but I have to manually change mode on the TV while on Openelec was done automatically.

I've been for days searching a solution but I was confused with the info I found, as it seems that is impossible to do what I would like (I found some addons for Samsung TV, I have a Sony one) but, at least on Openelec, I know it is possible, can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!!!
You may need to include the following patch set:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/compare/mas...:newclock4 (Kodi master)
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/compare/Ise..._backports (Isengard)

These are Pi-specific patches applied on OpenELEC. A couple of commits make it possible to auto-switch the TV to 3D mode.
First: thanks for your answer Smile

For these patches to be applied I'd have to compile Kodi directly on my RPi, right? I'm quite new in all about GNU/Linux / Raspberry stuff but will try to learn how to do it. Right now I have installed Kodi with 'apt-get install kodi' on last Raspbian version so I have 14.2. Would you suggest that I compile 15.1 myself instead of waiting for the repositiories to be updated? Anyway, I guess would be better as the patches won't be added on repositories, right?

Again, thanks for your time!
Ah - I didn't know Raspbian packages existed, so I assumed you were self-compiling...

I'm honestly not sure if your deb does include popcornmix' patches (but it doesn't seem to work properly). He reads this forum regularly and might know better.
The plan is to have kodi 15.1 with isengard_rbp_backports in raspbian in the near future.
Serge was planning to add it last weekend, but there were a few complications, so he wants to sort out the jessie raspbian update first (planned for a couple of weeks time).

You might want to check Michael Gorven's builds. I'd not 100% sure what they contain, but there are newer builds that raspbian currently has.

However if you predominantly use Kodi then OpenELEC or OSMC are strongly recommended.
Thank you both. I tried Michael Gorven's builds but no luck. I'll wait a couple weeks and try again when Raspbian repositories are updated. Worst case scenario... I'll try to compile myself (I hope to have better luck than compiling on Windows).

About OpenELEC, it was my first option when I bought the Pi and was very happy with it. But I want to use it for more than just media center and I thought the easiest way was to use Raspbian with Kodi and adding transmission, owncloud and samba myself.

Anyway, I really appreciate your help and will be waitting the next update on Raspbian repositories Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D movies on Openelec vs Raspbian0