Python not building
I follow the instruction above, when it PROFILE=pi2 ./autobuild.sh

Return me this error

http://pastebin.com/DHVf5STG
You need to install interdiff:

Code:
sudo apt-get install interdiff
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thank you Milhouse for your help.

The build failed here's a log

http://pastebin.com/19rFBbP1

Here's the job log https://www.dropbox.com/s/5l3lzaikkew70g3/log.job1?dl=0

thank you
I hope you're not going to post every time you have a build failure, you need to be able to interpret and fix these errors yourself. Smile

In this case a recent OpenELEC commit (PR:4712) includes code that isn't compatible with libcec 3.1.0. The latest oepull.dat from www.nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/oebuild.tar.gz includes a temporary fix until PR:198 is merged by libcec when the OpenELEC patch can be dropped.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Blush no no don't worry, i only want to understand how to bulid for help with releases
CPython is developed using Mercurial. The Mercurial command line program is named hg; this is also used to refer to Mercurial itself. Mercurial is easily available for common Unix systems by way of the standard package manager; under Windows, you might want to use the TortoiseHg graphical client, but the build system still prefers hg.exe to be on your PATH.
bikram singh majithia
i don't understand why but i can't build. Smile
(2015-08-29, 16:53)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-08-29, 15:14)stevegal Wrote: I've just got the scripts from inside one of your builds. Is that the definitive place for them? or are they on github?

In addition to the scripts being included inside each build (a form of version control), they're also uploaded to www.nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/oebuild.tar.gz whenever there is a bug fix or configuration change, and you could consider this latter archive to always be the "latest" version.

(2015-08-29, 15:14)stevegal Wrote: If I try and the scripts straight from your build tarball I get the following

stephen@stephen-VirtualBox:~/development/milhouse.0827$ PROFILE=pi2 ./autobuild.sh
Loading profile: pi2 (./autobuild.sh)
/home/stephen/development/milhouse.0827/functions: line 356: ./config/options: No such file or directory

thats why I though I needed to do the OpenELEC.tv repo clone. With that in place it progresses. So I'm definitely missing a step somewhere!

Sorry for being a pain, and thanks again for being so good!

You definitely need to clone the OpenELEC.tv repository, I'm just saying that once the repo has been cloned you don't need to make any further manual changes to it - any changes to the repo will be made by my scripts as they're designed to handle that side of things (switch branches, pull updates etc.).

I've noticed there is a small error in the tar file included in each build - the symlinks in the "packages" folder are not valid, and this will be corrected in the next release.

I'd recommend the following approach to setting up the environment when building with my scripts:

Code:
#Ubuntu 15.04 lacks the following dependencies, so add them:
sudo apt-get install curl gawk gperf xsltproc openjdk-8-jre-headless libncurses5-dev texinfo ccache u-boot-tools python3

#Milhouse scripts have following dependencies:
sudo apt-get install pv pxz pigz pastebinit interdiff

# Create a working directory ("projects"), clone the LibreELEC repo and install scripts to automate the build
mkdir ~/projects
cd ~/projects
git clone git://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv.git
wget -q www.nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/oebuild.tar.gz -O - | tar xzf -
mv build.conf.sample build.conf

Once you've completed the above, the following should be sufficient to start a successful RPi2 master build:
Code:
PROFILE=pi2 ./autobuild.sh
(Use PROFILE=x86 to build Generic)

Also read the file README.1ST file which is included in oebuild.tar.gz (and will be included inside future tar releases). Other files you should read: profiles.README and README.

If you want to update your installed copy of the scripts (ie. pulling latest bug fixes etc.), then repeat the above wget statement although note this will overwrite control files such as ipatches.dat, oepull.dat and profiles.dat so if you're modifying those files you'll need to back them up and then restore them to avoid losing your own changes.

Milhouse.. Ok so I understand this script concept and it does makes things a lot easier. So my issue is this. How do I actually add the driver support. Is there a line in the script code I can change to add the driver support? Also what if I want to build this from kodi 17, will this script work for that?

Edit: @madhits I mistakenly edited this post thinking I was editing my own post with the build instructions. Apologies.
Add the following line to the end of the lepull.dat file:
Code:
=master forwardPatch http://nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/patches/00_legacy_hardware.txt

The patch 00_legacy_hardware.txt will enable your SIL680 driver and downgrade the nvidia-legacy driver to 304.131.

Then restart the build:
Code:
PROFILE=x86 ./autobuild.sh

However note that inputstream.mpd is currently failing to build, so I would advise you to wait until there's an update here, or add the following to the end of ipatches.dat:
Code:
=master -PR10177
(Once there is an update on the inputstream.mpd repository remember to remove the above line from ipatches.dat).
(2016-08-01, 08:55)Milhouse Wrote: Add the following line to the end of the lepull.dat file:
Code:
=master forwardPatch http://nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/patches/00_legacy_hardware.txt

The patch 00_legacy_hardware.txt will enable your SIL680 driver and downgrade the nvidia-legacy driver to 304.131.

Then restart the build:
Code:
PROFILE=x86 ./autobuild.sh

However note that inputstream.mpd is currently failing to build, so I would advise you to wait until there's an update here, or add the following to the end of ipatches.dat:
Code:
=master -PR10177
(Once there is an update on the inputstream.mpd repository remember to remove the above line from ipatches.dat).

THANK YOU THANK YOU MILHOUSE! This FINALLY seems like something I can actually get done.

Ok so PR10177 is an older build right? Or is PR10177 a workaround/previous patch?
(2016-08-01, 16:39)madhits Wrote: THANK YOU THANK YOU MILHOUSE! This FINALLY seems like something I can actually get done.

Ok so PR10177 is an older build right? Or is PR10177 a workaround/previous patch?

PR10177 is a patch that caused the build to break. The breakage is resolved so you don't need it any longer - remove the line with PR10177.
(2016-08-01, 22:41)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-08-01, 16:39)madhits Wrote: THANK YOU THANK YOU MILHOUSE! This FINALLY seems like something I can actually get done.

PR10177 is a patch that caused the build to break. The breakage is resolved so you don't need it any longer - remove the line with PR10177.

THANKS MILHOUSE.. I see that its quoted with -.. makes sense.. Where you say add the following line to the lepull.dat file. I get =master command not found. Is this supposed to be added to the wget command above? Please clarify.
I did run into 1 other problem so far.. unable to locate package interdiff. I will try carry on and see if this all works.

UPDATE =master needs PROJECTS=master and a space is required between forward "&" Patch, IS THAT CORRECT?

NOW I am getting forward: fatal: Newsender not set. After running PROJECTS=master forward Patch http://nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/patch...rdware.txt

I'm doing this through SSH if that matters. Stuck at the newsender not set and have not been able to google my way out of this one.
(2016-08-01, 23:44)madhits Wrote: Where you say add the following line to the lepull.dat file. I get =master command not found. Is this supposed to be added to the wget command above? Please clarify.

I mean add the line to the end of the file, as a new line. I don't know how I can be any clearer.

Upload your lepull.dat file somewhere and I'll tell you what you've done wrong.

(2016-08-01, 23:44)madhits Wrote: I did run into 1 other problem so far.. unable to locate package interdiff. I will try carry on and see if this all works.

You won't need interdiff for now, it's for reverting patches, but if you ever need it it's now in the "patchutils" package (apt-get install patchutils).

(2016-08-01, 23:44)madhits Wrote: UPDATE =master needs PROJECTS=master and a space is required between forward "&" Patch, IS THAT CORRECT?

NOW I am getting forward: fatal: Newsender not set. After running PROJECTS=master forward Patch http://nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/patch...rdware.txt

I'm doing this through SSH if that matters. Stuck at the newsender not set and have not been able to google my way out of this one.

There is no such thing as PROJECTS=master. There is no space between forward and Patch - it's one command, which is how I gave it to you, just cut & paste the entire line as I typed it for you. And I have no idea what newsender pertains to, it's got nothing to do with these scripts.

Upload lepull.dat, you've cocked it up.

There is no such thing as PROJECTS=master. There is no space between forward and Patch - it's one command, which is how I gave it to you, just cut & paste the entire line as I typed it for you. And I have no idea what newsender pertains to, it's got nothing to do with these scripts.

Upload lepull.dat, you've cocked it up.
[/quote]

Ok I figured it out I have to add =master forward Patch http://nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/patch...rdware.txt to lepull.dat which is a txt file IE batch file has a dat extention and not .sh. That was what threw me. I thought this was a command like in the http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Compile_from_source. says PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 make image

But I see your batch file lepull.dat does all this stuff. GOT IT..

OK now to clarify a few other issues for anyone else reading this. I get a slew of errors when I run PROFILE=x86 ./autobuild.sh. First off was line 882 python not found error loading profiles.dat. fixed that with apt-get python, weird that python is not included with python3.

**THEN I get sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1). I tried installing dpkg but no luck same error.

When I get through the batch script I see a lot of reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch. Assuming that is ok?

At the end I get PATCH FAILED TO APPLY (https://github.com/LibreELEC/LIbreELEC.tv/pull/592)
Reloading profile: x86 (/home/xbmc/projects/autobuild.sh
get error (LibreELEC.tv)

Assuming I need to edit the batch script lepull.dat again to point at the downloaded projects directory? Is that all?

I think the 592 error is because the version of kodi has changed? Maybe. Does this line need to be updated?
(2016-08-02, 01:04)madhits Wrote: When I get through the batch script I see a lot of reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch. Assuming that is ok?

Nope.

(2016-08-02, 01:04)madhits Wrote: At the end I get PATCH FAILED TO APPLY (https://github.com/LibreELEC/LIbreELEC.tv/pull/592)
Reloading profile: x86 (/home/xbmc/projects/autobuild.sh
get error (LibreELEC.tv)

Assuming I need to edit the batch script lepull.dat again to point at the downloaded projects directory? Is that all?

Nope.

Time moves on. An lepull.dat (and also ipatches.dat) that worked yesterday won't work today as both Kodi and LibreELEC have now merged patches that were not merged yesterday.

Re-download oebuild.tar.gz to get the latest lepull.dat and ipatches.dat:
Code:
cd ~/projects
wget -q www.nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/oebuild.tar.gz -O - | tar xzf -
echo "=master forwardPatch http://nmacleod.com/public/oebuild/patches/00_legacy_hardware.txt" >> ./lepull.dat
and then build - it should work. For a few minutes anyway, until something else merges on Kodi or LibreELEC that causes a conflict.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python not building0