library issues
long time library user, and normally its working a treat, but lately 2 issues have arisen:

1 - using tje Context menu i delete a movie i want to delete, the movie is removed when it asks me if i want to proceed as once its done its done, thats fine, it disappears from the library, That is until i restart Kodi, and it scans the film back again?, past week its done this.

2 - Again on library mode, in genres, i have for some reason lost the 'Sports' genre of movie!..hows this possible?

I should mention that i am running 15.0, with transparency skin on Windows 7.....
Thanks for the help on this one.
1 - Check the settings>appearance>file lists>allow renaming and deletion. If the file is still around, the next library update will pull it back into the library. Perhaps an update of the software allowed this setting to revert to default.

2 - If there is no movies with that genre in your library, the genre will not show. Sounds like you may have either a corrupt library on the media you speak or is not available to the library. Using an editor, pick one of your 'sports' films and open the .nfo then insert <genre>sports</genre> if there isn't one, it should show up as a sports genre after a refresh.

Love T!

Win7 seems to be safer to use than Win10
hi pat, thanks for replying, the file deletion box is ticked as always, its useful as i have a massive library across many drives, as for sports, i have a good many of these movies, it only came to light when the wife wanted to watch Coach Carter....
I was wondering if this could have anything to do with recent installation of Kaspersky Internet security program?

Thanks again
1) Perhaps there is 'other' video files in the same folder.. e.g. trailer, sample or some .avi that is re-triggering the scrape. Check the actual file folder on a delete and see if the deletion is really clearing the file. I have to do this manually outside of Kodi anyway, because I have the folder filled with artwork & extras.

2) Check if the watched unwatched... has any influence here. Doubt the addition of Kaspersky is the source of the issue. Update to Kodi 15.1 perhaps a bug has crept in. If you set-up a playlist for 'sports' will you pull in all your sports?
Gonna do a re-install, doing it now when i just tried to delete 5 movies, also lost Fantasy genre now.....odd

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
library issues0