DXVA2 not working
Hi,
I am trying to get hardware acceleration to work, but it doesn't seem to work,
my system is: core i3 2120 3.3ghz
ram: 4gb
gpu AMD Radeon HD 6570

I have tried, various render methods with DXVA2 enabled,"adjust display refresh rate" off, "sync playback to display" disabled, "use fullscreen windows" disabled,

any help is really appreciated
here is my log,

http://pastebin.com/cV42xMmz
Post your audio setting, I know it sounds silly?
Try switching to direct sound and see if issue goes away? (YMMV)
(2015-08-28, 17:12)k4sh1n Wrote: Post your audio setting, I know it sounds silly?

it was already on direct sound (hdmi..), just in case I tried with wasapi (hdmi..) with no difference,

what I noticed is, any 1080p and lower videos use hardware acceleration (h264-dxva2, vc1-dxva2), but anything above 1080p ignores hardware acceleration.

so my problem is actually with resolutions above 1080p,

I have no idea, my system should be able to handle it
(2015-08-29, 04:57)tirani Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 17:12)k4sh1n Wrote: Post your audio setting, I know it sounds silly?

it was already on direct sound (hdmi..), just in case I tried with wasapi (hdmi..) with no difference,

what I noticed is, any 1080p and lower videos use hardware acceleration (h264-dxva2, vc1-dxva2), but anything above 1080p ignores hardware acceleration.

so my problem is actually with resolutions above 1080p,

I have no idea, my system should be able to handle it
Your AMD GPU is limited to 2048x1152 hw decoding wise. It will use all CPU cores for e.g. 4k.

Nvidia > gt520/610 can do that instead. For AMD you need the latest hw gen.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-08-29, 16:55)fritsch Wrote: Your AMD GPU is limited to 2048x1152 hw decoding wise. It will use all CPU cores for e.g. 4k.

Nvidia > gt520/610 can do that instead. For AMD you need the latest hw gen.

I would have thought this 2gb ddr3 card should be able to handle 4k hw decoding.

I am using the HDMI port, would it be the same if I used the Display Port, or it has nothing to do with 4k support?

ps, I am able to play them fine using LAV in mpc-hc, I don't know if it's down-scaling it or something else.
It uses the CPU. Check your load, please. On those older UVD hw only the first 256 MB are relevant.

Post a log from both players in Debug Log mode. If it really uses hw on the other one you run in a blacklist. We will see.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DXVA2 not working0