help with watching kodi on tv
Ah so the TV does have a VGA input? which is what the 15 pin D sub connection will be, in that case do as trogggy says in the first instance as that will be by far the cheapest route to get something working. VGA doesn't do audio so you'll need a separate audio connection, so you need to check what your laptop has, most likely a 3.5mm analog audio out, however some laptops have dual purpose sockets (usual headphones socket) that can also prove a digital SPDIF out.
Many thanks again. All really helpful. Found I had a VGA cable and an audio cable already and connected these to test them to a different TV which was more accessible to connect to.. Set TV to PC but got unrecognised signal. I think I have to alter some settings on the laptop and hopefully all will work. Can anyone advise about settings or will it be different for different laptops. If so can advice be specific. I think it will be obvious that I am no techno person. Thanks
I haven't connected with windows 7 for ages, but if you look on the laptop in control panel> Appearance and Personalization > connect to an external display, and hit 'detect' and 'identify' you should hopefully see something happening.
Will do that . Thanks.
You might have to look at the TV manual again to find out the supported resolutions by the TV on the PC input, you might have to set your graphics to be something like 1024 x 768 or 1366 x 768.
Good point, I'd forgotten about the pain that caused me..
All good. All working well. Yes a bit painful to get there but did it with the great advice here. Did have to sort out the resolution/graphics too. t Big, Big thanks to you all.
Great stuff.
It's always nice when you realize everything you need's down the back of the sofa or in the junk treasure drawer so you don't have to wait.
Smile 
It definitely is - great stuff. Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help with watching kodi on tv0