v15 Any Advice on Updating MLBMC Addon to Kodi 15?
I'm trying to help update the MLBMC addon to work with Kodi 15, as the owner is busy. I am a competent programmer but haven't worked with Kodi addons before, looking for some advice to help get started.

The code doesn't need any work (ostensibly), it's just the dependencies. I've managed to diagnose everything and get it to work manually, I'd just like to help provide this to the public.

The source: https://github.com/Yuioup/kodi-mlbmc

It seems to have two issues in Kodi 15 (it worked fine in Kodi 14). To get it to work, I had to:

apt-get install python-beautifulsoup
install librtmp.so.1 in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librtmp.so.1

How would you go about resolving these missing dependencies? Binding them into the app seems like it would work but be a bad idea. Should they be placed in a repo along with the distribution? Or should the code be tweaked to reference some updated feature in 15 that replaced what was in 14?

Any offhand advice would be appreciated.
For the beautifulsoup issue I think you just need to bump the version to 3.2.1 in the addon.xml.

You can't really do anything with librtmp from the add-on side of things.
So, the plot is... librtmp has some questions of legality, hence why it is no longer distributed with kodi, and cannot be easily shipped with the addon?
(2015-09-14, 22:31)lochness Wrote: So, the plot is... librtmp has some questions of legality, hence why it is no longer distributed with kodi, and cannot be easily shipped with the addon?

When did librtmp stop being distributed with Kodi?
I've been running divingmule's version 2.0.7 of this addon that I've had for quite some time (at least 2 seasons) on Win 7, Win 8 and an Amazon Fire Stick with absolutely no problems, so I've been wondering why others have been having so many problems. I don't recall making any mods to the addon to keep it running and have used it under XBMC/Kodi 13 something all the way through the new 16.0 alpha with, as far as I can see, no problems - I've watched every Yankees game live this season that wasn't blacked out where I am.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any Advice on Updating MLBMC Addon to Kodi 15?0