Any way to get DialogKaiToast in another window?
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone knows any tricks/hacks to get the labels from DialogKaiToast in another window like Home.xml or MyVideoNav.xml etc.

Tried setting window properties <onload> which doesn't work. Control.GetLabels don't work outside the dialogs.
Can't really think of any other solutions...
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I tried various combinations of onload, onunload, setting focus to a button, SetProperty and Skin.SetString for Contarol.GetLabel(401) but I think the label must be empty when the dialog first loads and is cleared just before it unloads.
Thanks.

Gah! This is frustrating. I can't even get it to respect animation conditions properly to fake what I want to do. Using A Window.IsActive(home) in an animation condition to change position doesn't even work properly.
Could you workaround by using Window.Previous(Home) ?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Would it be 'previous' if it's still loaded though?
(2015-09-03, 17:34)Hitcher Wrote: Would it be 'previous' if it's still loaded though?

Not sure. I've not tested this.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Yeah doesn't work for what I'm trying to do anyway.

I'll demonstrate via screenshots.

Here is the home screen showing the notification bar. It slides in from the left. When you press up to access the widgets, the home bar slides down to reveal them. I've managed to get the kaitoast notification bar to follow the animation by checking for a window property (checking control focus didn't work for kaitoast). HOWEVER, when you exit the home screen the icon bar also slides down as a transition animation between windows. Even if I set the same window property <onunload> from Home.xml, Kaitoast doesn't respect it and just stays where it is and then suddenly jumps down when the next window loads.

Here's where it ends up in the next screen... But I just cannot figure anyway to have it slide down smoothly in a transition animation with the home bar.
@jurialmunkey, mind sharing a copy so i can reproduce and try to fix?
Sure - you will need skinshortcuts for the home menu.
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.eminence.2

It happens with DialogExtendedProgressBar also. Exactly the same behaviour.

You'll notice I'm using two different groups in each dialog - one for when home is visible and one for when it isn't. I've already tried making it one control and it doesn't seem to make a difference. The way it is now is the closest I can get it to the desired behaviour (animating using properties set onunload / onload in Home.xml).
mkortstiege pinged me about this issue so here's an attempt to fix it. I've tested it quickly with eminence2 and it seems to work. I'd appreciate any testing and just let me know what platform you use if you need a test build

Update: Seems that I spoke too soon and misunderstood the issue, have an idea on how to solve it but it won't be ready tonight Smile hopefully in the next few days I'll have a prototype.
The janitor, cleaner of cruft, defender of style. Also known as the unfunny guy that doesn't understand signatures.
Excellent. I'm on Linux (fedora).
I've figured out a workaround for the time being, so not a pressing issue for me personally. However, it is definitely a bug as KaiToast and ExtendedProgress don't respect Window.IsActive or Window.IsVisible animation conditions properly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any way to get DialogKaiToast in another window?0