UHD/2160p video is displayed as 4K
(2015-09-03, 19:40)PatK Wrote: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/09/s...sc-player/

http://mashable.com/2015/09/03/lg-hdr-4k...=hp-hh-sec

My bank will not allow drooling.

I'll drool once it's the decryption has been worked around. :3 :3 :3
(2015-09-03, 19:14)DJ_Izumi Wrote: 576 = WHY IS THIS 4% HIGHER PITCHED!? Tongue

It's not.

Sorry to spoil the party, keep going.
(2015-09-03, 23:01)Soli Wrote:
(2015-09-03, 19:14)DJ_Izumi Wrote: 576 = WHY IS THIS 4% HIGHER PITCHED!? Tongue

It's not.

Sorry to spoil the party, keep going.

It's a joke for those in the US and other places that used NTSC. One common method of converting PAL to NTSC was to speed things up by about 4%.
(2015-09-03, 23:08)Ned Scott Wrote: It's a joke for those in the US and other places that used NTSC. One common method of converting PAL to NTSC was to speed things up by about 4%.

You have it backwards. Tongue PAL is 25fps, NTSC-FIlm is 23.976fps. They speed things UP for NTSC to PAL. They'll slow things DOWN for PAL to NTSC. In some cases, they don't adjust the pitch to counter-act it. I've had a few times where I've been able to go 'This sounds weird... Better check the framerate. ...YUP! US show ripped from PAL DVDs! :/'
I "get" it, but if a nerdgasm joke is based on an obscure technicality and that technicality is not based on reality=party over. Audio is mixed at 24fps , then converted to 23.976fps and 25fps. Both of which are pitch corrected. There might be rare cases which aren't corrected, but that wouldn't count in the *universal* context of this thread. If the thread was about, say, specific PAL vs NTSC quirks, then it would fitSmile
(2015-09-04, 00:00)DJ_Izumi Wrote:
(2015-09-03, 23:08)Ned Scott Wrote: It's a joke for those in the US and other places that used NTSC. One common method of converting PAL to NTSC was to speed things up by about 4%.

You have it backwards. Tongue PAL is 25fps, NTSC-FIlm is 23.976fps. They speed things UP for NTSC to PAL. They'll slow things DOWN for PAL to NTSC. In some cases, they don't adjust the pitch to counter-act it. I've had a few times where I've been able to go 'This sounds weird... Better check the framerate. ...YUP! US show ripped from PAL DVDs! :/'
Actually in us in some cases they went way worse. You can correct pitch speeding up or slowing down.. you can't correct the mess they did for example in doctor who bluray special episodes where they did a 25p -> 60i directly field repeated with blended chroma. Not even the best interlacer can play well that stuff..
When HDTV was still in it's infancy in Europe, one of the first regular HDTV broadcasts that triggered the HDTV-age over here, were the Olympic Games from ..Vancouver? Anyways everything was filmed in 60i but on the way to europe it was on-the-fly converted by some kick ass frame converter that did the 60i to 50i. It looked magnificent, and being the nuthead that I am I of course tried to fault the picture. I couldn't!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UHD/2160p video is displayed as 4K0