not playing movies, plays its sounds
(2015-09-01, 19:55)SkywalkerPD Wrote: Just to test I just upgraded to the latest 'Milhouse' build based on Kodi 16 and now everything works again like it was before. Clicking on a DVD folder plays the DVD and no more issues with the playback and DVD menu's....

Interesting. Do you still have the "ERROR: NFS: Failed to stat" messages in log? Perhaps that is a red herring.

I'm now suspecting that the problem is 5.95.4 doesn't have a fix for software codecs, and you don't have the MPEG2 licence. If that's the case it should be fixed in next OE build.
@popcornmix

I have similar problem, some files (h264 1080p mkv) played but without video, just sound.
I tried 5.0.8, 5.95.4 and Milhouse build 0901, same result.

Here is debug log with version 5.95.4 .
http://xbmclogs.com/pacd2w4hf

I haven't buy MPEG-2/VC-1 license yet, don't know if it's related.

Thanks.
(2015-09-01, 20:12)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-09-01, 19:55)SkywalkerPD Wrote: Just to test I just upgraded to the latest 'Milhouse' build based on Kodi 16 and now everything works again like it was before. Clicking on a DVD folder plays the DVD and no more issues with the playback and DVD menu's....

Interesting. Do you still have the "ERROR: NFS: Failed to stat" messages in log? Perhaps that is a red herring.

I'm now suspecting that the problem is 5.95.4 doesn't have a fix for software codecs, and you don't have the MPEG2 licence. If that's the case it should be fixed in next OE build.

Just for clearing this up. I have bought the licenses. And added them to my config file.
(2015-09-02, 16:31)SkywalkerPD Wrote: Just for clearing this up. I have bought the licenses. And added them to my config file.

Not understanding this comment. Are you say you have now added the licenses (and did it help?)
Or are you saying you already had the licenses (you didn't in the log file you posted).
I updated to 5.95.5 today, and the problem still exists.
While Kodi Android version and Linux version played without problem.

Here is new log
http://xbmclogs.com/prvjwwmke

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
not playing movies, plays its sounds0