Formatted my PC - now Kodi asks for PW for shares
I have a main PC, a Server and then another HTPC.

I recently formatted my main PC which ran Kodi and now when trying to add my sources back in Kodi asks me for a username and password.

Nothing changes on the server. My HTPC still connects and plays things fine.

I read here to uninstally Windows Live Sign in Assistant, but I don't have this...

Is really frustrating me and I cannot figure out the issue, help!

Thanks in advance.
Are you using NFS of SMB to access the shares on your server? In the latter case, check what username and password are required to access these shares. You might have stored them in de credential manager of Windows before you formatted it or else you might be using different credentials to log into Windows than before.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Formatting would wipe any information stored on C:\ and more to the point user app data for Kodi.

You are required to give permission to your client (main PC) to access information from your server for shared files. This will be the username and password for the server, if your server name has a space ie. firstname lastname and Kodi doesn't accept it, try firstnamelastname. I have a link to the SMB wiki in my sig.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
I never had this problem before..had never had to set anything up special. Not sure what is going on, but I was able to fix it.

I use SMB share, simple homegroup and shared folders on my server.

I had to follow some guide I found (I think on these forums) where they person said to delete the homegroup (which I had already tried), remove all erroneous or unused users from the security/permissions so I did that, then I manually added back in "Everyone"

Then for some reason, it still would not work with the shared drive..I used to share a drive letter (DSmile instead of the folders inside..but for some reason this would not work. I had to create a "TV Shows" folder within the D drive them move all the other subfolders inside it, and share that TV Shows folder to Read/Write Homegroup.

Then it seem to all work again. Not sure if something changed or what. My guess is as you said above, user data that was lost in my format maybe where I had previously cave credentials to this PC were lost. What is odd though is that the server was set to no PW, network discovery, all that stuff, and should have allowed anyone access.

Ah well..the two things above combined finally solved the issue. Thanks all for replies Smile Maybe this topic will help someone else. I should have left my server an unraid server..it was a lot easier to access lol...but it was much more painful to maintain and keep that thing up when changes needed to be made Wink

This is the guide I followed, in case it helps someone else: http://www.codepal.co.uk/show/Windows_7_...ew_folders
Glad your issue has been resolved. That tutorial is still more complex than it needs to be too.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Formatted my PC - now Kodi asks for PW for shares0