Amazon fire stick cache settings
HI all, recently got Amazon fire stick, added kodi. Installed repos etc, streamed a show and the firestick ran out of storage space and crashed. I was unable to reopen it without wiping all the data and starting again.

My question is , what is the best cache setting for the firestick to stop this happening? I read different things everywhere about xml settings and changes to cache.

Please can someone tell me very simply what to do and how to do it? bearing in mind that I am a noob!

Thanks!
Bump?
Don't use anything that says "zero" or "zero cache".
From the HOW-TO:Modify the video cache wiki guide. It is best to use 3.4 Example 4 as seen below. Works quite well on my Fire TV Stick.

3.4 Example 4
A safe setting for most devices with 1GB of RAM that should help most users "on the edge". All protocols get cached, cache rate fills up pretty much as fast as possible, and cache size is 150MB, using 400MB of ram total.
advancedsettings.xml
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

And do try the Android/ATV2 Maintenance Tool to delete cache, thumbnails and packages from Kodi on the Fire TV Stick.
Thanks. I have read the guide, but don't understand where or how to make this 'text file' ?
Create one on your computer. It will be saved as a "text file" and end in .txt (Windows might not show the file extension). Then copy it over to the Fire TV stick using something like the file manager (wiki) by placing the advancedsettings.txt file on a file share.
(2015-08-31, 16:35)Ned Scott Wrote: ...advancedsettings.txt...
Have I missed sumfink? Huh
(2015-08-31, 16:35)Ned Scott Wrote: Create one on your computer. It will be saved as a "text file" and end in .txt (Windows might not show the file extension). Then copy it over to the Fire TV stick using something like the file manager (wiki) by placing the advancedsettings.txt file on a file share.

Easy Advanced Settings App does all this for u. I don't know why u guys try to screw around with file and code when it is not necessary. I swear I'm fairly new to this and older but some of you appear to try and create a sense of self importance. Just download the damn app and everything is basically done for you just input the settings from above in the appropriate file box in the app. SHEESH!
(2015-10-02, 15:03)ndirish23 Wrote:
(2015-08-31, 16:35)Ned Scott Wrote: Create one on your computer. It will be saved as a "text file" and end in .txt (Windows might not show the file extension). Then copy it over to the Fire TV stick using something like the file manager (wiki) by placing the advancedsettings.txt file on a file share.

Easy Advanced Settings App does all this for u. I don't know why u guys try to screw around with file and code when it is not necessary. I swear I'm fairly new to this and older but some of you appear to try and create a sense of self importance. Just download the damn app and everything is basically done for you just input the settings from above in the appropriate file box in the app. SHEESH!

Because we don't support that add-on. The advancedsettings.xml file was not meant to be easily configured with an add-on. It was meant to be manually modified, carefully, by people who know what they are doing. One of our devs almost removed one of the caching features because people would set it without thinking and it would crash their setup, causing us tons of issues and support burden.

No one is trying to make things harder than they need to be, or try to make themselves sound more important by giving the proper instructions. If you're here for a fast fix that could fuck up your box, go somewhere else.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon fire stick cache settings0