• 2(current)
Mod Aeon Nox 5 - Blue TV mod [Download]
@Dumyat. I too had a dig at porting the pvr over to madnox, I got the initial interface looking something like but the info screens really flummoxed me and eventually I gave up LOL. look forward to seeing your efforts buddy.
Fanart.TV Mod
(2015-10-15, 23:28)Big Aero Wrote: Sure Dumyat, be my guest. I would love for someone else to improve/finish this mod.

Few bits n bobs have changed since my last post on this thread, enhancing the graphics, text etc, aswel as some other things. it's just time consuming getting it all working how I want it, hence why there's been no update recently.

Still need to change some things on the channel list, bigger spacing between rows is one thing, similar to the epg.

Be sure to keep us posted on the progress of your version! Maybe post some screenshots... Wink

Edit:: Just had a look at madnox skin now, it looks decent. Please share your version Smile

Any chance you can upload the latest changes?
(2015-10-15, 23:28)Big Aero Wrote: Sure Dumyat, be my guest. I would love for someone else to improve/finish this mod.

Thanks.....That's great! Smile
Indeed, I know what you mean with this being very time consuming. This is actually the first time I've attempted to make any modification to a Kodi skin, but in all honesty it's has to be all hat's off to the original developers/skinners that actually make these wonderful skins, particularly when you can see the amount of hard work and effort that has gone into creating them. Smile

So, although my learning curve has been fairly steep, I've made good steady progress so far. Like I said before, most of the work is now done thankfully, with the exception of a few final issues to try and resolve Smile
I've actually added some additional buttons to the EPG screen, that will give access to 'Movies-on-Demand' and TV Box-Sets for your local media content, plus a parental control button, giving access to the channel manager where users can lock a particular channel if they wish.
This mod will now feature automatic poster and landscape artwork throughout and the recording screen layout has been re-designed.
Additional features may include a button for daily TV recommendations/picks, with the ability to record these items or set a reminder.

So, I have a few screen shots of the current progress so far:-

Main EPG Screen, with horizontal control buttons.

Programme info screen, with poster artwork:-

TV Channel Listings Screen with poster artwork:-

New Recording Screen Layout with Landscape artwork:-

A few months back, I actually created a full UK Channel Logo pack for all Freeview, Freesat and SKY channels. There's a few examples below, which I may also include, since they do seem to compliment this mod very well:-

ImageImageImageImage

I will of course keep you posted on the progress. Smile
Cheers
Looks great mate, good job!!

I never knew you could display fanart on the epg - looks awesome!. Was it dificult to add fanart/cover cases to the epg/channel list?

Also does Kodi store all the fanart for live tv? Or is it saved to a temporary location and deleted each day? Surely it would build up in storage quite a bit each day?
Good job there Dumyat you got a lot further than I managed. I look forward to seeing it in all its glory.

Peace
Pro
Fanart.TV Mod
(2015-10-16, 18:41)Big Aero Wrote: Looks great mate, good job!!

I never knew you could display fanart on the epg - looks awesome!. Was it dificult to add fanart/cover cases to the epg/channel list?

Also does Kodi store all the fanart for live tv? Or is it saved to a temporary location and deleted each day? Surely it would build up in storage quite a bit each day?

Poster, landscape, fanart, banner, thumb, clearart and logo images can all be used in the pvr section now. This feature is powered by the new 'Skin Helper Service' script. I must admit, I did have to ask another user on here who was already experimenting with pvr artwork for some guidance. Thankfully, they were very helpful and able to tell me exactly what to do, as some of the pvr files do require slightly different coding. Adding the cases was fairly straight forward, just a little time consuming resizing and positioning the two images so that they marry up together nicely.

Caching and storing pvr images locally is an optional setting in the Skin Helper Service settings. Some users had requested local download of images due to poor broadband coverage, which can slow down direct caching of images from the various sites used to source the artwork from. Some users had also indicated that they don't always work online, hence why they wanted a local download feature which can be used offline.

Local images are not deleted each day, but more are added if they didn't exist previously in your local directory. As for the file size, I've been caching and storing artwork locally on an external hard drive for about 10 days now and my EPG is pretty much full with programme artwork, with very few omissions and the current file size is 515mb, so not that huge. I've certainly not seen any significant issues with performance.

My own preference is to store images locally, as I've found them to load slightly faster, plus the fact you can easily edit, add or even create artwork files for any incorrectly scraped images. But I guess at the end of the day, it's going to be a case of horses for courses.......not every user will want to see artwork in their epg, so the feature can be easily disabled using a new button in the pvr sidebar if they choose.....

Cheers....
This will be, for me, a great improvement for the pvr of madnox, which I've always thought quite ugly with all the dirty looking garrish 'genre' colours etc. Can't wait for this Dumyat it looks great buddy.
Peace
Pro
Fanart.TV Mod
Just a suggestion Dumyat, since Mike_Doc and Schimi2k don't seem to be that concerned (at this stage) with the PVR section of Madnox. Send Schimi2k a PM and see if you can submit changes to the Madnox Git repo. I like what you've done here as it looks fairly similar to the 'look' you get on most DVR boxes, but I won't be able to try it as I sync my skin directly from the Madnox git repo so can't make any personal changes that affect that. I would however be very keen on testing it out if you could submit code to the Madnox repo.

Dan/Gib.
(2015-10-18, 18:20)ProRipp Wrote: This will be, for me, a great improvement for the pvr of madnox, which I've always thought quite ugly with all the dirty looking garrish 'genre' colours etc. Can't wait for this Dumyat it looks great buddy.
Peace
Pro

Thanks ProRipp.......I know what mean with all the different genre colours, that can often clutter up the epg. That being said, my current pvr client does not actually pull down genre info, but it is something I miss from my WMC days, so I may go down the IPTV simple route so that I can catch this data. That being the case, I then might add an additional EPG button, with a drop-down box so that users can filter the epg by genre Smile As an afterthought, I also had the idea to update the side tab on the the LiveTV case to include the actual genre name and colour. That way there would be no need to clutter the epg with all the different genre colours......
(2015-10-18, 20:10)gibxxi Wrote: Just a suggestion Dumyat, since Mike_Doc and Schimi2k don't seem to be that concerned (at this stage) with the PVR section of Madnox. Send Schimi2k a PM and see if you can submit changes to the Madnox Git repo. I like what you've done here as it looks fairly similar to the 'look' you get on most DVR boxes, but I won't be able to try it as I sync my skin directly from the Madnox git repo so can't make any personal changes that affect that. I would however be very keen on testing it out if you could submit code to the Madnox repo.

Dan/Gib.
Indeed, after being initially inspired by Big Aero's original horizontal sidebar buttons on the epg, this quickly became my own personal vision of what I wanted my EPG to look like, since I felt this feature is central to what the overall HTPC/DVR box user experience should be. I mean, why leave the epg screen if there is no need too. Since it was fairly simple to add the 'Movie-On-Demand' and Tv Box-Sets buttons for users local content, in theory it should be equally simple to update these buttons to make them into drop down boxes, to include items such as 'Latest Movies', Latest Episodes'. 'Playlists' and VOD plugins such as Amazon and Netflix.

I've actually already been in contact with Schimi2K, who was kind enough to provide me with the LiveTv case for this mod. Since this is really my first attempt at modding anything for Kodi, I'm not really familiar with the way git works so would need to investigate further.
That being said, I don't think this particular MOD is going to appeal to masses anyway, but what I had suggested to Schimi2K that it would great if there was option for users to choose what pvr section they wanted to use in Maddox. I'm not sure that feature is even achievable, but in all probability it is likely to be way beyond my own capabilities....

In the meantime, I have very nearly finished work on this mod, so will post hopefully very soon.....
Cheers
Hello Dumyat,

I'll add this to the list of things for Madnox for when I come back, hopefully soon, I would plan to somehow give a choice of which EPG / PVR to use as user R3N3 has been very kind in the past to help keeping Live TV etc. operational in Madnox and I would not want to overwrite all his work, but I really do like the 'sky' look and hopefully I can figure out how to give the user the choice. Time will tell

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Looks Completely Awesome and I see that Mike has already shown his interest which is More then what I could wish for.
Once again Simply amazing Cheers to Big Aero & Dumyat for taking it to Madnox .. Big Aero I particularly like your choice of the title for the thread. it is just the icing on the cake. Wink
@Dumyat

Keep Walking Smile

Now your idea for EPG can see the day light with new changes in Marcel script.. Smile
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2015-10-18, 04:11)Dumyat Wrote:
(2015-10-16, 18:41)Big Aero Wrote: Looks great mate, good job!!

Poster, landscape, fanart, banner, thumb, clearart and logo images can all be used in the pvr section now. This feature is powered by the new 'Skin Helper Service' script. I must admit, I did have to ask another user on here who was already experimenting with pvr artwork for some guidance. Thankfully, they were very helpful and able to tell me exactly what to do, as some of the pvr files do require slightly different coding. Adding the cases was fairly straight forward, just a little time consuming resizing and positioning the two images so that they marry up together nicely.

Caching and storing pvr images locally is an optional setting in the Skin Helper Service settings. Some users had requested local download of images due to poor broadband coverage, which can slow down direct caching of images from the various sites used to source the artwork from. Some users had also indicated that they don't always work online, hence why they wanted a local download feature which can be used offline.

Local images are not deleted each day, but more are added if they didn't exist previously in your local directory. As for the file size, I've been caching and storing artwork locally on an external hard drive for about 10 days now and my EPG is pretty much full with programme artwork, with very few omissions and the current file size is 515mb, so not that huge. I've certainly not seen any significant issues with performance.

My own preference is to store images locally, as I've found them to load slightly faster, plus the fact you can easily edit, add or even create artwork files for any incorrectly scraped images. But I guess at the end of the day, it's going to be a case of horses for courses.......not every user will want to see artwork in their epg, so the feature can be easily disabled using a new button in the pvr sidebar if they choose.....

Cheers....

Sounds very interesting, I would love to implement some kind of artwork on my channel list view. Would you mind explaining how you done it? lol..... I'm a bit clueless, I'm still learning aswel Wink
(2015-10-19, 12:11)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hello Dumyat,

I'll add this to the list of things for Madnox for when I come back, hopefully soon, I would plan to somehow give a choice of which EPG / PVR to use as user R3N3 has been very kind in the past to help keeping Live TV etc. operational in Madnox and I would not want to overwrite all his work, but I really do like the 'sky' look and hopefully I can figure out how to give the user the choice. Time will tell

Mike.
Hi Mike,
That's great! Smile
Yeah, like I said before, I guess this always going to be a case of 'Horses for Courses' anyway, as probably not every user would necessarily want to have this pvr mod as their default in your skin and for that matter, they may not even be particularly interested in getting all the additional artwork either. So If you are able to achieve a switch feature within Maddox, that would be amazing! Smile
And of course it's perfectly right to protect the original pvr work that R3N3 has done for you, as he has done outstanding job keeping the thing alive for Maddox, so I completely understand where you are coming from on that point. Smile
I still have a few things to clean up and a couple of other nagging issues to resolve, like trying to track down the actual location of the sidebar and various context info texture panels, so that I can keep them in line with other colour changes I've made already. So no doubt a bit more spitting and head scratching still to do until this actually gets finished, but I will keep you posted on the progress. Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 5 - Blue TV mod [Download]2