Sharing Recordings and Live TV
I'm new to Kodi and NextPVR. I got it setup on one computer and working OK. I would like to start having Live TV and my Recorded shows available on other PCs and I'm purchasing a Raspberry Pi to put Kodi on. Is there a way of connecting the different Kodi installs to each other or do I connect each copy of Kodi to the NextPVR install on the main box? I'm only using Kodi for Live TV and PVR features for now.

Thanks,
Tim
Once you set up Kodi and NextPVR on your main box, you would install Kodi and NextPVR (Kodi add-ons) on your other machines. On those other machines, you will insert the main machine's IP address in the NextPVR settings. That's it.
The number of concurrent recordings and live shows from your setup depends on the number of tuners you have
1 tuners = 1 recording or 1 live channel
2 tuners = 2 live channels OR 2 recordings OR 1 recording and 1 live channel
Etc.
Sorry, this second post was a mistake and can be removerd
Welcome aboard. To answer your question: yes.

For TV
Simply load front end 2,3,4,etc with kodi. When you enable your pvr and TV options you will use the IP address of the host computer that has your TV/pvr backend.

For your movies and tv shows, you can use MySQL and advanced settings xml to make a seamless in house installation.

Much more can be gleaned from searches and using the wiki. Depend on them, you are your own TV station now..
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sharing Recordings and Live TV0