PulseAudio support part 2
Hello

Does anybody know if the source of Kodi would allow for a build with Pulse Audio support enabled on armv7h? Concerning thins matter I found this discussion from 2012.
Within this gimli makes it quite clear that this support is currently not implemented and for the old raspberry pi with armv6h this would be an: "overkill".
However the raspberry pi 2 is considerably more powerfull and maybe this would be a nice feature to have, since Pulse Audio offers far more flexibility than ALSA.

Cheers
ALSA is supported in recent builds on Pi.
So if you configure ALSA to use the pulse audio device then it will work in theory.

How well it works in practice I'm not sure.
My understanding is that pulse audio is not generally recommended for Kodi (on any platform), although it is possible to use it.

Possibly someone has tried it and can report here. If not then you'll have to try it an see.
Yes ALSA is supported, and this also works. I know because my current setup works exactly this way. The thing now with the Pulse Audio support is, that this would allow for sink switching from within Kodi (as it is supported under x86). I would like to see this because this way it would be possible to not only use the default Pulse Ausio sink for play back, but also any other Pulse Audio Sink.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PulseAudio support part 20