Are Kodi Add-ons truly open source?
Hello. I've noticed that a lot of Kodi add-ons, both those officially supported by Kodi as well
as unofficial third-party add-ons, contain a reference to a version of the GNU GPL for open source
code. However, I've also noticed that others do not have any references to a license -- whether
in an accompanying file in the package or within their source code itself.

In cases where an add-on developer does not reference an open source license anywhere, is that
add-on truly open source? I've been under the impression for a while now that all Kodi add-ons
are open source, but without the presence of a license -- or at least the mention of a license --
I'm no longer sure that this is the case.

If I want to host a copy of an add-on on my server, for example, how can I legally do so if there
is no open source license associated with said add-on? Part of me believes that this may just be
an oversight on the part of third-party developers in these cases, but unless it's implied I'm
really not sure what the deal is here in terms of these add-ons being open source or not.

Thanks ahead of time for any guidance that can be provided here.
Which one? Afaik all addons in the official repo includes a license, otherwise we couldn't redistribute them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Are Kodi Add-ons truly open source?0