• 37(current)
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis
Re:the settings section;

1)One advantage of the former design was the ability to see all categories without scrolling. 2 rows of 6 icons would be preferable over the current 2 rows of 5 icons with 2 additional categories that you have to scroll to see in an incomplete 3rd row.

2)Category descriptions are gone. They are quite useful. Perhaps a footer description when each category is highlighted can be added.

Thanks again.
(2016-03-16, 22:08)jsnj Wrote: Re:the settings section;

1)One advantage of the former design was the ability to see all categories without scrolling. 2 rows of 6 icons would be preferable over the current 2 rows of 5 icons with 2 additional categories that you have to scroll to see in an incomplete 3rd row.

2)Category descriptions are gone. They are quite useful. Perhaps a footer description when each category is highlighted can be added.

Thanks again.

1) Or I could just remove 2 items. Smile Addons isn't really a settings category, it just loads the addon browser. And skin settings is already available inside the Appearance category.

2) The thumbnails view isn't setup to show descriptions, can't really add them without completely redesigning the view.

I prefer the current layout and don't see any compelling reasons to change it.
Hi braz,

While I'm struggling with the addition of a new view option in the skin (I will meke it!!!!), I was wondering if you can help me with the current widget visualization.

The point is just restricted to the TV Shows. It would be nice in fact that also for the Shift visualization (and having selected the Landscape option for the icons) the results would be like the Panel visualization, i.e. showing the episode thumbnails instead of the serie's fanart:

Shift + Landscape

Panel + Landscape

I'm asking this because I really prefer the Shift visualization, but I find it really "repetitive" if the fanart is displayed instead of the episode "snaphot".

Thanks in advance for your usual help!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
@axlt

Will fix this, thanks for pointing it out.

Update: Now fixed on github.
(2016-03-17, 16:24)braz Wrote: @axlt

Will fix this, thanks for pointing it out.

Is a pleasure to help you, even if with such a minimal inputs! Wink
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
In Video/genre, when I use icons, some category have not icon : for exemple (I'm french) : "comedie", "horreur".
other have icon : "western" "sci-fi"
it's seems that the problem is when the name is different betwen french/english (comedie/comedy, horreur/horror)...
In Music/visualisation, we can select background.
I like "pixeled fanart" and "artist slideshow", would be great to mix this two background.
Is it possible to create/add "pixeled artist slideshow"?
(2016-03-18, 10:19)exzemat Wrote: In Video/genre, when I use icons, some category have not icon : for exemple (I'm french) : "comedie", "horreur".
it's seems that the problem is when the name is different betwen french/english (comedie/comedy, horreur/horror)...
It matches the filename, so you're correct, it only works for English. Let me know if you find another skin that is able to show video genre icons for other languages.

(2016-03-18, 11:38)exzemat Wrote: In Music/visualisation, we can select background.
I like "pixeled fanart" and "artist slideshow", would be great to mix this two background.
Not possible as far as I know.
(2016-03-16, 08:41)fastdump Wrote: Ok, while I'm at it...

Since the 'infoline' options for main menu items were added back I've noticed a couple of places where info is missing or incorrect...
  1. If you choose the Weather infoline then the label is missing from the displayed info, i.e. it says ": Sunny" instead of "Condition: Sunny" (or whatever that label should be).

2. If you choose the PVR infoline and if there is an upcoming recording scheduled, it shows the date/time and then "Channel: [program title]" so either the label is wrong (it should be "Program: [program title]") or the value is wrong (it should be "Channel: [ch#]". I would prefer to see the program title as this is more relevant info.

----------------------------------------
UPDATE

After updating to the latest changes via github I see that the infoline display area has been widened, which confirms that for PVR 'next recording' info, 'Channel' shows both the program title and the channel name... Big Grin
The weather infoline should show "Location: Current condition". It looks like your location infolabel is empty, what weather provider are you using? I just tried Yahoo, Weather Underground, and OpenWeatherMap Extended, and they all displayed the location on my system.

I updated the PVR infoline to remove "Channel: ", didn't feel it was needed and this will hopefully keep this one from getting too long.
(2016-03-18, 21:15)braz Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 08:41)fastdump Wrote: Since the 'infoline' options for main menu items were added back I've noticed...

... if you choose the Weather infoline then the label is missing from the displayed info, i.e. it says ": Sunny" instead of "Condition: Sunny" (or whatever that label should be).
The weather infoline should show "Location: Current condition". It looks like your location infolabel is empty, what weather provider are you using? I just tried Yahoo, Weather Underground, and OpenWeatherMap Extended, and they all displayed the location on my system.

I updated the PVR infoline to remove "Channel: ", didn't feel it was needed and this will hopefully keep this one from getting too long.

Ah, that'd be it. I use bossanova808's OzWeather provider because the larger, global providers tend not to use Aussie data for Australian weather and consequently current temp is often wrong and forecasts are not accurate.

I'll check in with him. Thanks braz. Smile
𝕗𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕕𝕦𝕞𝕡
ⒽⓉⓅⒸ Intel NUC 5i5RYK | Win10 | Kodi 18.nightly | GЯiD 2.3.5
ⓃⒶⓈ Synology DiskStation | DSM 6.2 | AverMedia A835 USB Dual DVB-T Tuner | TvHeadend 4.x
Sad 
(2016-03-18, 17:27)braz Wrote:
(2016-03-18, 10:19)exzemat Wrote: In Video/genre, when I use icons, some category have not icon : for exemple (I'm french) : "comedie", "horreur".
It matches the filename, so you're correct, it only works for English. Let me know if you find another skin that is able to show video genre icons for other languages.
you right, same on Aeon and MQ6

(2016-03-18, 17:27)braz Wrote:
(2016-03-18, 11:38)exzemat Wrote: In Music/visualisation, we can select background.
Not possible as far as I know.
:-(
Hi I'm new to the forums and have a question. Tried a quick search to find an answer but couldn't find one. I'm using Kodi 16.0 on Windows 10, with the latest Mimic skin applied, and I'm trying to get rid of the infinite scroll on the home page. I changed the scrolling to "fixed" but the scrolling goes back to the start once you pass the end, any way to fix this?

Thanks.
Added an option for icons on the main menu. Only available on the vertical menu layout. Also fixed the animations on the vertical layout.

(2016-03-19, 19:09)Marauder2 Wrote: Hi I'm new to the forums and have a question. Tried a quick search to find an answer but couldn't find one. I'm using Kodi 16.0 on Windows 10, with the latest Mimic skin applied, and I'm trying to get rid of the infinite scroll on the home page. I changed the scrolling to "fixed" but the scrolling goes back to the start once you pass the end, any way to fix this?

Thanks.
I'm assuming you are referring to the main menu and not widgets, right? When using the fixed main menu, pressing right from the end will still return you to the beginning of the menu. Fixed just means that if you hold down left/right, it will stop at the end (and if you only have a few items, it won't show duplicates).
Latest version from github with home menu icons prevents the now playing video background from appearing on the home screen. Reverting back to the previous version fixes it. Also last few versions I have to keep reloading the skin to see codec info on videos. Stopping a video and starting a different video requires reloading the skin to see codec info.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 3.x for Jarvis3