Nexus Player - Music Stutter - Possible Hardware Issue
When playing music (MP3s 320kbps) the playback stutters and pauses (expecially if the library is updating, to the point where i wish to pull my hair out). When the library updates it takes a longtime and pauses on folders.

I am running the following setup:

WD MyBook USB 2.0 plugged into a Netgear DGND3700 N600
Nexus Player runniing KODI 15.1

I have no issues streaming content (youtube, netflix or google music), therefore I do not think the issue is with my router or its position to the nexus player.

I have run 5 minutes of Skyfall which is on my WD and experienced no issues so I do not believe it is the size of the files (however I stopped the library from updating and my video library is quite small).

I have a very large music collection (around 80GB), so therefore I assume that the library size is affecting playback.

My previous setup was a 8 year old dell desktop with the same WD storage plugged into the back, I experiecned no issues with playback whatsover.

Therefore perhaps the weekest link in my setup is the WD to Netgear USB, I have read in one review that transfer speeds were no more than 3.5 mb/sec and that perhaps this in combination with a large library is causing the stutter (and sometimes pauses).

1. Would this be the most likely culprit?
2. If I plugged the WD into the nexus player directly (and this improved playback), does anyone know of a way of seeing this on a network to transfer files to?
3. What are some budget solutions (I think the most obvious solution would be for a NAS, however had I known I would be up for this expenditure I probably would not of bought the nexus).

Any help is appreciated.
I've been pulling my hair over the past few days trying to solve a similar problem and what fixed it for me was to right click (bring up context menu) on a song from my library and selecting "play with" DVDplayer instead of PAP that is the default, to make the change permanent you have to create an advancedsettings.xml file stating this. You can install "easy advanced settings" addon that does this for you. Hope it helps.
Thanks for the advice, that did not resolve the issue for me, I think I just need to test where the weak link is.

I will attach the WD My Book directly to the nexus player and see if the issue is still present, at least then I know it was the usb transfer rate on the router.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nexus Player - Music Stutter - Possible Hardware Issue0