Win Delay in Control bar when starting video
Strange Issue since Isengard.

Whenever I start a new video (local file, stream, doesn't matter), the video starts without displaying the control bar at the bottom of my screen. The "X" in the upper right corner isn't visible also.

The controls do work strangely enough, if I guess the position for "Stop" and I hit the right spot (Same with the "X") it does stop/close.

I use a mouse btw...

After a minute or 2 the control bar "pops up", and I can hide it, right-clicking my mouse. After that it works and behaves like it should. Until the next video, it starts all over again!

Closing and Starting Kodi does help sometimes, albeit for just one video.

Any suggestions?
When I pause a video for too long, the control bar wont disappear for about 3 minutes. And although I can see it, I can't use it!

keeps getting weirder...
Sounds like your computer is per-occupied with some sort of multi-tasking event. Perhaps a slow computer or not enough ram, drivers... a lot of things, that might be disclosed with a proper de-bug log. Hit the 'slash button on the keybaord' a bit and use the 'o' key while playing a video to see bottle nicks.
Specs are not likely to be a cause, but a here's a quick run-down:

- ASRock B85M Pro4 (onboard graphics/HDMI)
- 8GB Ram
- Intel Core i3-4150 3.50 Ghz
- OS and Kodi on SSD
- Data on RAID5
- Logitech Mouse/Keyboard (Unifying software)

System is now running for over a year, without any issues. Problems started with Isengard

Pressing "o" during the problem I described does not give debug window, it just doesn't react to the button press event. After a few minutes, when the OSD is gone, "o" works and give's minimal CPU usage.

Windows task manager also registers very little CPU usage while I'm experiencing the problem.

Closing and reopening Kodi temporarily fixes the problem.

I do notice a difference in behaviour between small files (series) and larger files (Full HD MKV). It seems to be worse while watching series, in this case small MP4 files
This may be a graphic driver issue, change the rendering to software and see if that clears up something. Troubling that the OSD doesn't snap up, you might start it a bit earlier.

Look around for update drivers, and provide that requested debug log posted to a public paste-bin and link it back here.
I found a more recent driver for my graphics chip. But I'm hesitant (reluctant even) to try it...

Considering "If it ain't broken, don't fix it", updating drivers as a first step to solve a problem caused by a Kodi update doesn't feel right.

Tonight I will start with setting the rendering option to software. And I will try to get a debug log.
I happen the same when i play a video, control bar freezes in Isengard.
Link to my Kodi log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/isvpo0ytyz1p14y/kodi.log?dl=0

Seems to contain a number of errors
You may have more serious problems
Quote:Failed to fetch checksum for directory listing
could be a corrupt folder or files within. You need to pair down your add-ons, some of which appear to be part of the issue.
(2015-09-07, 15:53)PatK Wrote: You may have more serious problems
Quote:Failed to fetch checksum for directory listing
could be a corrupt folder or files within. You need to pair down your add-ons, some of which appear to be part of the issue.

The Checksum errors refer to a broken url, from several add-ons.
Can't imagine that being the cause, but I will clean up my add-ons

This seems to be more relevant:

19:08:35 T:3368 DEBUG: CInputManager:TonguerocessMouse: trying mouse action leftclick
19:08:36 T:3368 DEBUG: CInputManager:TonguerocessMouse: trying mouse action rightclick
19:08:37 T:3368 DEBUG: CInputManager:TonguerocessMouse: unknown mouse command 57361
19:08:37 T:3368 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Pointer.xml) ------
19:08:37 T:3368 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Pointer.xml) ------
19:08:37 T:3368 DEBUG: CInputManager:TonguerocessMouse: trying mouse action leftclick
I think the cause of delay is the script trakt.tv, problems solved uninstalling the script.
(2015-09-08, 10:16)PatOso Wrote: I think the cause of delay is the script trakt.tv, problems solved uninstalling the script.

Unfortunately I don't have the trakt add-on installed Sad

Removed the other add-ons from the error log as well, to no avail..
Save your files to another location the "database" folder "userdata", start kodi.
(2015-09-08, 13:13)PatOso Wrote: Save your files to another location the "database" folder "userdata", start kodi.

Can you please elaborate?

Rename folders "database" & "userdata" to *.old ?
Save your files to another location the "database", delete files: only addons19, addons16, etc,etc.

C:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database

Active "view hidden files" in control panel.
Start Kodi to regenerate new files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delay in Control bar when starting video0