MPEG DASH
@Ace can you remove the type check of the input and define some interface we can implement instead (and cast to that instead of the DVDInputStreamMultiFile) ? right now you need to use the multi-file input stream class and that won't happen here.
put in some more time. it's starting to take the shape i intend to move it in. i think this approach should fit well into your designs, right ace ?

as for the round-robin i don't think that will harm much. at that point we are reading out of a cache fed by a separate thread.
I know it's just an early proof of concept, but I was wondering if we would be able to actually detect the best bitrate for the available bandwidth. I have seen that you already respect the max bandwidth setting, but can we also sense it somehow? Like when buffers don't fill fast enough and are subject to run out as something else is taking bandwidth away?

edit: please don't get it wrong - I'm neither complaining nor demanding anything - only interrested if it would be doable without to much trouble
@ironic_monkey Nice! I'll resume the work on that after the ffmpeg image stuff.
yes. we have cache monitoring on the input stream in place. that's the whole point of this over-engineered protocol - segmenting so you can hop between bitrates at segment boundaries. i'm not interested in that bit part though and won't work on it, only facilitate it.
I'm excited about this. I have a bunch of addon code waiting for DASH support. I hesitate to say this, but I had a look at Hulu recently and realized they've moved to DASH as well.
Yea DASH support for youtube addon will be cool
With the new InputStream extension point and the first addon (https://github.com/xbmc/repo-binary-addo...stream.mpd) we have DASH support now.
Also want to note that this only is fun on platforms with codecs supporting drain. Otherwise you would experience video stutter when resolutions switching.
Wanted to clarify something, this is for Krypton correct or for both Jarvis and up?
(2016-04-16, 14:26)jdf76 Wrote: Wanted to clarify something, this is for Krypton correct or for both Jarvis and up?

Inputstream and DASH will be Krypton only.
Thats for the info!

jeff
so just putting a .mpd (link or file) in a .strm file and play it should be enough on kodi17? I dont have any luck with that
You have to explicitly enable the addon using the addon browser.
thanks, enabled that but still cant get a single stream to work
ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - error probing input format, http://irtdashlive1-i.akamaihd.net/dash/...l/dash.mpd

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPEG DASH0