• 2(current)
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]
(2015-09-09, 12:24)avia Wrote: Is it possible to add color settings for each cube? (Movies) (series) etc ...

Yes it will be in the final release.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-09-09, 12:53)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-09-09, 12:24)avia Wrote: Is it possible to add color settings for each cube? (Movies) (series) etc ...

Yes it will be in the final release.

Good News .. Thank you
It would be great if you will add an option to set the transparency level in different windows (movies,tvshows,etc).
Good News .. Thank youBig Grin
Wait - there isn't an Isengard release? Then what am I running?

Either way, it works great on Isengard. Can't wait to try v. 2.
Thank you so much!
ALPHA IS READY -- Looking for testers Big Grin
Remember if you change the addon id no one will auto receive the updated version which they got from gotham Repo
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-09-14, 07:20)Martijn Wrote: Remember if you change the addon id no one will auto receive the updated version which they got from gotham Repo

The changes are pretty significant (like going from Aeon Nox 4 to 5), so I thought it best to create a new id so I don't go wiping preexisting user setups.

Most dialogs and menus have changed stylistically; home menu, hubs, widgets and submenus use skin shortcuts; color definitions are entirely different; many viewtypes are very different; views now use fullscreen width doing away with side arrows and side text; header text is handled differently; plus many other changes.

As a result, pretty much no settings would be carried over anyway. So it seems better to allow users to maintain their old setup whilst migrating to the new version.
How do I allow this display? http://imgur.com/a/QWjbA/embed#6

Everything is fine - I found it thanks
ok, just wanted to mention it. Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Can you add support for languages rtl Ariel font?
while I like many things in Eminence 2 I don't think that going "fullscreen" for the main content area was a good idea. Things are too close to the edges which IMO takes away much of the looseness, aesthetics and visual appeal of Eminence. Views tend much more to just look crowded with no free space for the eye to rest. Also the missing indicators (like arrows) when things can be scrolled etc are step back usability wise. That's just my personal opinion.

Not sure if it's a Windows/DX problem (haven't tested on a GL platform) or some odd/broken skin setting on my end, but the home screen tiles look odd over here as the edges of the diagonal sides are just cut off. Looks like some masking doesn't work correctly. It's possible that the DirectX11 port broke some stuff, that's why I'm asking if there could be another thing causing this.
(2015-09-14, 12:37)da-anda Wrote: while I like many things in Eminence 2 I don't think that going "fullscreen" for the main content area was a good idea. Things are too close to the edges which IMO takes away much of the looseness, aesthetics and visual appeal of Eminence. Views tend much more to just look crowded with no free space for the eye to rest. Also the missing indicators (like arrows) when things can be scrolled etc are step back usability wise. That's just my personal opinion.

I completely disagree. One of my annoyances with other skins is that they waste too much screen area with excessive borders and padding. We live in an age where the majority of people have large 16:9 screens and scrolling movie/show titles and squinting to read small fonts should be a thing of the past.
I think the improvements made on Eminence 2 are a real step forward. The enlarged content area is fantastic and makes a big difference to the whole "leanback" experience.

The new ribbon style menu is great.

Awesome job jurialmunkey Big Grin
re: fullscreen. @hollyt9 - that has been my thinking regarding going fullscreen. When I look at it on the computer I get concerned that I haven't left enough space. However, whilst I may have gone a little too far in the other direction, when I look in my loungeroom I find I have plenty of space around my tv - so why not dedicate the onscreen surface to content.

@da-anda - I get what you are saying. I knew this was going to be contentious choice to make, and I am quite sad to see the side text and arrow indicators go. It was a difficult choice to make, but I feel the benefits are greater. Everytime I returned to Eminence, I found myself disliking the wide, loose padding more and more - I just wanted to see the content. I guess "there's no accounting for taste".

Some indicators will return, and I do have an idea of showing a floating arrow hub indicator that pops up if you haven't pressed a remote key for a couple of seconds.

I'm interested to see a screenshot of the issue you are having with the home screen. I may need to change how the tiles are handled if using a list control instead of a grouplist is going to cause problems on some systems. I wonder if maybe it has something to do with an unusual dirtyregions setting? Nothing like this happens on any of my systems (though I do use Linux exclusively - loungeroom is openelec and laptop is Fedora - so it is possible that other platform ports have problems. I can think of a work around, its just a little more work is all.
Are you going to add the possibility of Sidi spinning?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]9