• 76(current)
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]
(2017-04-29, 02:42)LloydShow Wrote: So I've enabled vertical menu but I still keep getting a horizontal menu??

Are there any other requirements for vertical menu?

You do realise that the vertical menu option is only for Context and View menus, *NOT* the home screen menu?

No other requirements, though. Should work as soon as you enable it

Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-04-29, 05:17)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-04-29, 02:42)LloydShow Wrote: So I've enabled vertical menu but I still keep getting a horizontal menu??

Are there any other requirements for vertical menu?

You do realise that the vertical menu option is only for Context and View menus, *NOT* the home screen menu?

No other requirements, though. Should work as soon as you enable it

Ah my bad. Any chance of a vertical menu like Arctic Zephyr?
(2017-04-29, 07:02)LloydShow Wrote: Ah my bad. Any chance of a vertical menu like Arctic Zephyr?

I don't really have any idea of how a vertical home menu could work in Eminence that would retain the Eminence style. I'm completely open to suggestions/mock-ups though.
Is there a way to make the submenu always visible without pressing the down menu?
@x007sunny & @Biofx80 - sorry, no on both counts. You'll have to mod the skin to do either.
(2017-04-29, 16:41)jurialmunkey Wrote: @x007sunny & @Biofx80 - sorry, no on both counts. You'll have to mod the skin to do either.

Sad ok..
I absolutely dont know how to mod a skin lol
I look the wiki about skining. If i take a view from skin 1 and past on skin 2 does it works ?
For exemple the wall view from aeon nox to eminence 2?

I think it'll not work but.. Perhaps.
Probably not because it will likely have different includes, constants, expressions, ids, variables, colours, textures, and fonts.
So I have spent a good deal on Eminence now and I can't figure out a few things.
1) How do you enable vertical context menu like you just talked about in the previous posts
2) How do you turn off widgets for some menu items? It shows "none" as an option but it won't select it. Instead it just uses Fallback Widget
3) How can I get the music page to look like this? Mine just shows a big image of the album art with the track title and artist.

Also, currently its not possible to show discart when the widget poster is set to show when "on up". could we get this enabled?
@LittleNemo512

1. Vertical context menu is currently only in the development version on github. An official repo update with these features will be coming sometime in the next fortnight.
2. The fallback widget gets used if no background and no widget is set. So set a background image for that menu item in home customisation menu.
3. That music visualisation screen is from a modified version of Eminence by Guilouz which is now discontinued. Alanon has continued the development of the mod which can be found in this forum, though I'm not sure if the music screen still looks like this or not in the mod
Ok thanks for answering my questions. I'm guessing the Alanon mod is from the other thread here?

Is this settings screen also a part of that mod?

I'm going to continue having questions. I'm getting close to having the skin how I want it but there are a few issues here and there..
1) How do I group Multi CD albums? I'm guessing its because of the file structure I'm using since I can't find a solution in the skin. I have everything in one folder for the album but tagged in the metadata and the file name. Is there something i'm missing?
@LittleNemo512 -- Music tagging and scanning to the library is more of a general Kodi thing than a skin specific thing. Is your music scanned to the library? Also make sure multi-disc album tracks are all in the same folder and have the same album name metadata (with no additional CD1 CD2 etc. added to it). I generally just treat multidisc albums as if they were one big album and tag them accordingly (e.g. if the first CD is 10 tracks long, I will just make the first track of disc two be track 11 and treat it as if it were one big disc -- only time I separate them is if it is just a cd of bonus content like live tracks / demos / remixes because I want to keep that separate from the album).
First, thank you for your great work!

My Problem is: Since I upgraded from Libreelec 7 to 8 and from Eminence 1 to 2.0, the clear logos of the movies, normaly shown at the bottom right when I'm pressing the pause button, aren't shown anymore. The stranger thing is, with default skin of libreelec 8, everything works fine.

Any ideas?

Greetings, Fox
(2017-05-03, 09:40)Foxhound89 Wrote: First, thank you for your great work!

My Problem is: Since I upgraded from Libreelec 7 to 8 and from Eminence 1 to 2.0, the clear logos of the movies, normaly shown at the bottom right when I'm pressing the pause button, aren't shown anymore. The stranger thing is, with default skin of libreelec 8, everything works fine.

Any ideas?

Greetings, Fox

Fixed on github development version (Skin Settings > Video/Music OSD > Show Clearart).
Will be in the official repo update coming sometime in the next week.
Is it possible to get german language @jurialmunkey in Eminence 2.0?
(2017-05-04, 08:50)schwankit Wrote: Is it possible to get german language @jurialmunkey in Eminence 2.0?

It seems the transifex maintainer has gone awol, so it is a bit difficult to get new skins on transifex. But if someone manually translates the strings.po file I will be happy to include it. Best way is to submit as a PR on github, but if someone translates it and adds the file here I can also add it.

I really should open a thread about translations as it would be great if people could help out with them considering transifex is not really an option any more.
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]9