Dual Screen for Raspberry Pi
I have an RPi2 and am thinking of getting the Gert Card to add an older VGA Monitor as a second screen. However the only reason I want to do this is to have the second screen display the Movie Poster for the movie I'm currently looking at in the list, and to keep displaying it while the movie is playing. Also it would be nice to have the onscreen display show up on the second screen, if the movie is playing. I realize most of this is probably recreating how skins work, and having people who make the skins support this new feature. Is this even possible or am I just dreaming?
Technically possible but someone has to do a lot of work for a fairly niche use case.
You'd need to be able to compile the kodi code and make changes.

Kodi has no ability from the skin to request different information on different screens, so it would need editing the core code.

A more hacky solution would be to create an external program that can put an image on the second display which would be simpler.
Then an add-on could be created that sees play and stop events and displays different images on the second display.

There is an addon designed for driving a secondary LCD, but I think it's designed more for a few lines of text rather than nice graphics. LCDs (wiki)
On other platforms people do this by just loading up a web browser in a second screen and using a web interface add-on from Kodi to change the poster. This sounds like what popcornmix was talking about when it comes to an external program.
doesn't the yatse do something similar? once something is playing you could bring up the information on whats playing?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual Screen for Raspberry Pi0