Help with creating dumb folder link - Isengard kodi ??
hi folks, tried searching but cant find the answer so a little help if you please..

Running kodi isengard and aeon nox mq5..
both working great but I have just one problem..

I want the the TV SHOWS tab to just point to a folder on my server.

in the folder on my server is just a load of tv episodes, some in folders, some not and its just a folder I dump stuff I want to watch etc..

I don't want kodi to scan the folder, I just want to press the TV shows tab and it just to display the content on the folder on my server if that makes sense, no sorting it or renaming it or pulling any info etc.

problem is the only way I can it to show up in tv shows tab is to tell kodi scrapper its tv stuff so then it scans etc and only shows the stuff in folders within the dumping folder on my server.

can I some how create a tab that just links to the folder, does no sorting or anything and just displays the content ?

I did manage to do this when I was using xbmc / aeon nox gotham, but for the life of me cant remember how...

hope ive explained myself well enough

thanks
giger
found out which part of menu it was on old xbmc and aeon nox gotham skin...

it was the choose type part on this menu: then choose video folder and you could just put a path in and hey presto.. that main menu tab then just opened that folder..

is there anything like this on kodi ?

cheers
I have also done the below now, but would like to know is there anyway I can add a shortcut to the "unsorted" folder on the main menu ??

"I have a Unsorted folder where I place videos that I would like to watch once but don't want to add to the library. If that sound like something you are trying to setup then here is how.

Navigate to Videos>Files. This is where your sources should be setup.

Choose the context menu and select Add Source.

Create/pick a directory for videos of this nature. I call mine Unsorted.

Enter the name and hit OK.

Next it will ask you to set the content type. Choose (None) and tick the option to Exclude selected folder from scans.

If it asks you if you would like to remove anything from the library just choose No.

Now you have a folder where you can place videos you would like to watch, but don't want to add to the library.

Anytime you need to access it just navigate to Videos>Files>Unsorted.
Do everything hrgiger said, then go to that folder and favorite it. Then you can add it to the menu easily.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with creating dumb folder link - Isengard kodi ??0