How can I obtain older PVR addons package?
fritsch asked me to post this here (I had previously posted in Linux support):

Due to the current situation with the TVHeadEnd PVR addon not working correctly, I have been trying to locate a previous version of the addon. I came across this page:

https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archiv...ter=trusty

It looks like if I could obtain the kodi-pvr-addons - 1.0.0~git20150131.1140-a0a437e-0~trusty package from there, it would contain the version of the addon that I'm seeking. But I can't find a download link for it anywhere. If I click on the link, it says "Removed from disk on 2015-04-02."

So does that mean you don't make previous versions available? Right now I would REALLY like to try installing the previous version to see if it would fix the problem with the bad skips. I really only need the TVHeadEnd addon but I am trying to find a pre-Isengard version for Ubuntu Trusty. Is there someplace else these are archived, or am I just missing the download link?

(P.S. Before anyone suggests it here, I cannot compile from source unless there are very explicit instructions posted somewhere on how to do that. I know a lot of experienced Linux guys do that sort of thing all the time, but I'm afraid that's just a little beyond my ability level, even if I knew where to obtain the source, which I don't. I'm an older guy in my 60's and there are quite a few things about Linux that don't come easily to me, that are probably second nature to some of you guys).
I beleive that pre-Isengard Kodi (and XBMC) had TVHeadend PVR AddOn packaged together with Kodi / XBMC itself. So, You can try installing Gotham or Helix from scratch and You should have older TVH addon there...
(2015-09-02, 21:58)givo Wrote: I beleive that pre-Isengard Kodi (and XBMC) had TVHeadend PVR AddOn packaged together with Kodi / XBMC itself. So, You can try installing Gotham or Helix from scratch and You should have older TVH addon there...
Okay, but the same problem exists there... how do you install Helix if it's no longer offered in the Kodi repository? I'm looking at this page:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux

And I see this:

Quote: 1.1.5 Downgrading between stable versions
INCOMPLETE:
This page or section is incomplete. Please add information or correct uncertain data which is marked with a ?

And I'm guessing that's where it should tell you how to do this, but it doesn't.

Also, I'd rather just try the older addon first if I can get it, because Kodi itself has some features worth keeping, such as ATSC closed captions.
In this thread You can find many versions of pvr.tvh compiled for different systems. Just browse through the thread and You'll find the one that You can try using...
For anyone else that may find this thread, I did some experimenting and apparently you can't use an older version of the addon with Kodi Isengard. Either it won't work at all, or it will cause Kodi to crash as soon as you start it up. Only if you downgrade to Helix can you use an older version of the addon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I obtain older PVR addons package?0