Android Kodi not following symlinks in libraries?
Sad 
Hello everyone.

I have Kodi installed in an (Android) TV box, and attached to it an external USB disk where most of my library files are stored.

I had problems ordering my collection (specially in terms of language), so I recently made some changes using "symbolic links", specially in my movie files. It is now as follows:

1. All movie files are in a folder in that external disk, called "ALL".

2. In the same disk there are also several additional folders that contain symlinks to the original files. To keep it simple, I'll just give an overview of the "language - related" set:
--2a. There is an "ESP" folder that contains symbolic links to films that are in Spanish
--2b. There is an "ENG" folder with symbolic links to films in English.

I then pointed Kodi library builder and scrapers to those folders containing "symbolic links" (these had been renamed by hand, in many cases, to conform to the scraper needs). The libraries came out to be perfect, with the adequate descriptions, titles... Everything worked!

BUT the films don't play. When I try to play any any of the files in the library nothing happens, except a generic message error.

I had read that Kodi *DID* support symbolic links, as long as the original files were also accessible (and they are, aren't day?). What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance, and greetings from sunny Madrid,

-EnriqueP

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not following symlinks in libraries?0