No video files found in this path?
I'm sharing my library from ubuntu server to windows 7,
I'm scrapping the metadata now, and some movies are not being picked,
so i manually fix the naming by refreshing from movie information,

but it's getting frustrating because some folders keep giving me "No Videos found in file path"
and despite that i can play it normally with the built in player..

What i have tried

- Change various permissions, 755, 644
- Removing the spaces
- giving .nfo file linking to its imdb page... after scanning it gives me "no info found"

Googled about this but there doesn't seem to be a clear solution, any idea how to fix it?
Clearly some sort of pathing issue... Look carefully at the path in the .nfo in a properly scraped video and see if that corresponds to the source.
Quote:"No Videos found in file path"
shows that the filemode sees the file, but the path is not the same as in the library listing.
Debug log may help.

If you are using .NFO files, how are these generated? Maybe post an example.

Is the network over WiFi or Ethernet? Could be delays and stutters?

The point to note is that as long as Win7 can see any type of file on the shared folder, then they will all be visible. Win7 only needs read access to the files.

Close KODI and go into file explorer. Now navigate to your Unbuntu share. Can you see files okay?
(2015-09-03, 17:12)PatK Wrote: Clearly some sort of pathing issue... Look carefully at the path in the .nfo in a properly scraped video and see if that corresponds to the source.
Quote:"No Videos found in file path"
shows that the filemode sees the file, but the path is not the same as in the library listing.

Yes, I have checked them and its matching with the one in imdb

(2015-09-03, 17:21)BatterPudding Wrote: Debug log may help.

If you are using .NFO files, how are these generated? Maybe post an example.

Is the network over WiFi or Ethernet? Could be delays and stutters?

The point to note is that as long as Win7 can see any type of file on the shared folder, then they will all be visible. Win7 only needs read access to the files.

Close KODI and go into file explorer. Now navigate to your Unbuntu share. Can you see files okay?
The NFO files only contain the IMDb address of the movie..
Its LAN
Unfortunately the log doesnt show anything related to the scrapper failure, I'll post it later..
the explorer sees the file just fine

I managed to solve this but not all are working,
I think its caused by lack of Asian metadata scrapper since I'm scrapping Asian movies
the solution is to rename both movie and the folder with the Chinese name, usually found below the main title in IMDb..
and click movie information on the movie..

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon had this issue,
then i rename it with Chinese name and it scrapped successfully with its English name

But not all are working, I can't scrap Curse of Golden Flower no matter how I rename it..

edit : figure it out, we have to rename it into its mandarin character! just Chinese title is not enough sometimes,
I managed to scrap curse of golden flower by renaming it into its mandarin character found in atmovies

unfortunately, I still can't figure out why thai character doesn't work though
If your scraper is using theMovieDB.com, then it is a good idea to go to the website yourself for some of those badly matching movies. I have had that with a few Chinese film where I had to get the Chinese name in place for the scraper to correctly make match. Though most of the films use their English names.

Do you have different language settings? Maybe the scraper is trying to match your language choice?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video files found in this path?0