MySQL
Kodi 15 is not upgrading the library on its own on mySQL 5.6 as the wiki stated. I've granted access for xbmc and kodi, and not sure what else to do.

Any help would be great. Thanks!
Could be everything without seeing what is logged. Please check your kodi.log for obvious entries.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I have the same problem, it seems in fact that the problem is that starting release 15, Kodi does not support "-" char in the database name.

My database was : <name>XBMC-video</name>

I've duplicated the old database XBMC-video90 under a new name KODIvideo90 and modified like that : <name>KODIvideo</name> and then restarted Kodi, it's now working, it's seems to be a bug with release 15 of Kodi (15.1 and 15.2 RC1 at least)

For information, Kodi created succesfully the database XBMC-video93 but did not create any table, and was unable to configure any source category.
Or, sometimes the DB doesn't create correctly requiring a DB drop in command line (or favorite sql editor) and recreation (by restarting kodi). Not sure from scratch installs with no prior DB to build from, but it may be the same.

My db has not been name modified. It happened to me on upgrade to v15, and as mentioned, the procedure worked and happily working since.

Some people have mentioned that MySQL 5.6 doesn't work, but again my setup has it and no issues. But again it's me, and maybe I am lucky Smile

As to the dash "-" issue the DB is created with an underscore.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
In my case, the database with a dash in the name is correctly created with the dash, not with an underscore, but the database is *not* populated with any table, and Kodi seems unable to save any information (category, watched status,...). It's not only a problem when upgrading, the same problem occur with a new installation (i've created a new profile with a new database name including a dash). Tested on 4 different computers.

This problem does not occur with release 14 and before.

I do not know if this problem is windows specific, i'm only using windows release.
I didn't mention this before, my fault... But When moving to a newer version of kodi, the newer version will copy the data of the old database to a new database. The new database, to be used by the newer Kodi version, will have the same name followed by a 2 digit number.

So, the original database that one creates on the first install in MySQL

CREATE DATABASE kodi_video;
CREATE DATABASE kodi_music;

Then moved on by creating the DB with numerals per version when advanced settings is used and kodi is launched.

Therefore when you created your DB with a dash originally, it's been like that since. So windows problem? No. It has always been recommended that dashes, periods, spaces, etc not be used in MySQL DB names. Ergo your dash should be an underscore if you want the name separation.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
@antarex: are you using MySQL or MariaDB?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I'm using mysql, and there is no problem with dash in database name for mysql, it's fully supported, but need to be quoted.

I know that the database name is appended with two digit representing the version number... my point is :

With version 14 and before of Kodi, a database name like "KODI-Video" worked flawlessly, with version 15 it's not working anymore, something changed in the code, the database is correctly created with the dash, but no table are created within. From my point of view, it's a bug with Kody and thus i report as much information i can to allow the debug.
It's a little difficult to understand how it worked with Kodi 14, as the code that is failing hasn't changed since 5 Oct 2011. It's been reported before, although that was by a MariaDB user and at the time I assumed it was a MariaDB quirk (we don't support MariaDB).

The fix is trivial and I've submitted PR7976 along with a backport for 15.x, but of course this won't be of much benefit to you until the next release.

What you could do in the meantime is dump your database, create a new database without a hyphen, then source back in your old database:
Code:
$ mysqldump KODI-Video93 > v93.sql
$ mysql -u xbmc
create database KODI_Video93;
use KODI_Video93;
source v93.sql;
quit;

then replace the hyphen with an underscore in the <name> element of advancedsettings.xml and when you next start Kodi it should migrate your v93 database without any complaint.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Honnestly, i do not remember if i've updated the database from a previous release of Kodi and thus if the upgrade worked with v14, i just know that the database worked with v14, but it could work also with v15 if i create a new database...

I have already duplicated the database (easier with phpMyAdmin, there is a function to duplicate a database) then upgraded with a new name without dash, no problem for me, i just hope it could help other users.
Or if you are so terribly dependent on having a dash, though I don't know why...

Use the back tick and create the database

create database `kodi-my-video_db`;
(2015-09-07, 16:08)antarex Wrote: Honnestly, i do not remember if i've updated the database from a previous release of Kodi and thus if the upgrade worked with v14, i just know that the database worked with v14, but it could work also with v15 if i create a new database...

Yes, creating a new database isn't a problem, but copying an existing database is a problem and this only happens during a migration which you presumably never had to do with 14. Database migrations in stable release builds are pretty rare (ideally they don't happen at all) and should only happen when upgrading to a major new release (ie. 14.x to 15.x).
(2015-09-07, 18:18)Redwingsfansfc Wrote: Use the back tick and create the database

create database `kodi-my-video_db`;

Kodi already quotes the database name using backticks on database creation, it's just that Kodi doesn't quote the database name when copying the schema from the old database into the new database, and so it currently fails.
Ah, gotcha.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL0