Stumped
Hello,
I just received my Android streamer and it came preinstalled with Kodi on it. I was going through all of the tutorials on here about sharing my movies from my PC and getting a share going. I have had no luck doing this. I have tried the home group way, the non home group way, and anything else i could think of. When I hit the Smb share on Kodi It loads but then next screen is empty. I cannot see my share, which in this case is d:/Movies. I think I have properly shared this on my PC as I followed the Wiki guide here. Right click on folder, share to Everyone. I have disabled my windows password in hope that that would help, it did not, I am not sure what I am doing wrong but this process seems simple enough. Should I re-install Kodi? I have also tried manually entering the path to my PC with no luck. I am at wits end here.

Thanks
Kevin
Windows can be glitchy with shares.
When you click on windows smb does it show the workgroup name?
Sometimes it helps changing the name of the workgroup on your windows PC and restarting everything (Inc router) helps.
I once had a similar problem it just wouldn't detect the shares what I ended up having to do was create a new user account on my windows laptop with username Kodi and password Kodi and shared them through there and it connected then.
A debug log would tell you if it's a connection problem
Hi Steve, When I click on SMB in Kodi it seems to connect but nothing is there, its blank. One thing I have not done is changed my workgroup name in windows, it is still just named workgroup.
As far as the user name change, would I just create a new user on windows and log in using that? Kinda confused as to what to do with a new username.

Thanks.
(2015-09-04, 17:49)scarfa21 Wrote: As far as the user name change, would I just create a new user on windows and log in using that? Kinda confused as to what to do with a new username.

Thanks.
Hi sorry yeah just create a new account and log into it and share your folders from that account.
Just to report, this is all set, i just had to manually use my IP to my shares. Once I did that everything worked perfectly. Thank you for all the help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stumped0