Ceton infintv4: need to install network tuners?
With SERVERWMC, does one need to have ceton network tuner support working in ghetto PCI version of ceton?

If not then SERVERWMC will work under windows 8 and server 2012
I have had it working with both in windows 8. Currently I have it not in network mode and it isn't officially supported in network mode although I have got working by enabling bridge support in the ceton adapter and creating a network bridge.
So if there is no reason to create a bridge why bother?

Seems like it would be simpler install in Windows 8 or 2012 server if no need for the bridge...
ServerWMC needs to use WMC (Windows Media Center) which as far as I know wont run on Server 2012, so its Windows 7 or 8 that is required. Not sure about your specific Ceton card stuff but in general a tuner with network access benefit is that the tuner can be setup at an aerial socket/outlet and then your actual HTPC can be located somewhere else. Eg in my house I dont have an aeriaal socket where I run my server, but I have a couple of HDHomeRuns up in the roofspace where the aerial feed is. Thus I can run my TV backend server with the rest of my "server" gear, and still access the tuners over network
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2015-09-04, 19:41)sjchmura Wrote: With SERVERWMC, does one need to have ceton network tuner support working in ghetto PCI version of ceton?

If not then SERVERWMC will work under windows 8 and server 2012

Provided all of your tuners will be for Kodi you do not need to worry about the network tuner support. I have the same setup and have not even touched the network tuner section of the ceton and have left it disabled. Provided serverwmc is installed on the same PC as the ceton PCI card & WMC installation, serverwmc will recognize all available tuners available in WMC. From there serverwmc handles the rest. The benefit is that all tuners are available to PVR.WMC (Kodi) clients.

Once you enable the network tuner support, that takes one of the tuners and removes it from the pool of available tuners that WMC and thus serverwmc uses. Unless you need one dedicated specifically for another purpose (something outside of Kodi), I wouldn't worry about setting up the network tuner section and just let serverwmc handle it.

I'm pretty sure serverwmc works in windows 8, not sure of server 2012. I can't speak from experience on either as i have mine running on win7.
ServerWMC has to live on same box as wmc so yes windows 8 and 8.1 do work (but not server 2012 as far as I know since wmc doesn't run on there).

You have to pay for wmc on windows 8 whereas on windows 7 it's free, so sticking to windows 7 is probably the best option
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ceton infintv4: need to install network tuners?0