tv show in two playlists
i have my tv show episodes separated in two folders - old shows and episodes ive saved and new shows, stuff im currently watching. both of the folders have the kodi suggested file structure (folders named after shows, episodes in folders). i set up a playlist to display both of these using folder path as a filter. this mostly works, until i have a show that is present in BOTH folders. when that happens, all the episodes of that show are shown in one playlist, even if they dont match the folder path filters and the show is not shown at all in the other playlist.

bug or intended behaviour? is there a workaround?

kodi 15.1
No idea whether it's intended. Off the top of my head could you add watched / unwatched filters, and mark everything in the 'old' folder as watched? If you post your playlists here someone might have a better idea.
Reviving this as it is still unresolved...

Here is how my libraries and playlists are set up:

sources.xml:
<sources>
<programs>
<default pathversion="1"></default>
</programs>
<video>
<default pathversion="1"></default>
<source>
<name>tv new</name>
<path pathversion="1">D:\torrent-incoming\_tv\</path>
<allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
</source>
<source>
<name>tv old</name>
<path pathversion="1">D:\torrent-incoming\_p\</path>
<allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
</source>

playlists:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
<name>tv new</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">
<value>D:\torrent-incoming\_tv\</value>
</rule>
</smartplaylist>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
<name>tv old</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">
<value>D:\torrent-incoming\_p\</value>
</rule>
</smartplaylist>

accessing everything through the library rather than playlists and marking old things watched would be an option of sorts, but sounds rather inconvenient - aside from having to manually mark a ton of episodes as "watched," i usually delete episodes after I watch them, which would be a tedious process if I had to un-hide the watched items every time just for that.
Just by stating you have a directory called "torrent incoming" you may have lost anyone that will touch this question, because of the implications of torrenting.

But since I am typing, I will offer a suggestion not based on your torrent activities.

My suggestion is that you stop making it complicated. Kodi marks watched shows. So have a single directory for tv, and once a season clear out those you have watched.

Or stop hiding your shows, and you can delete from the contextual menu after you watch a show.

Everyone has their preferences, but you can achieve what you want from within Kodi without effort.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tv show in two playlists0