got Acestream working on Android TV Box
I've been trying to set it to work for ages. I had no success with p2p-streams addon, nor with plexus, nor with going out of Kodi and trying it with native andorid acestream player. I was always stuck with countdown and error message. Was playing with setting like crazy, and just stumbled on a solution, so I guess It's time to share:

What I used:
Generic Chinese Android TV Box with 5.1.1 Android
Kodi v15.1 “Isengard” (P2P-Streams installed, engines installed, Plexus installed (probably not needed))
Acestream 3.0 Engine only (it wont work with engine+player release) http://dl.acestream.org/products/acestre...oid/latest

Now for steps to get it working:
1. Install Acestream 3.0 Engine and start it up (this is the important step, for some reason p2p-streams and regular android acestream player+engine fail to start the process automatically)
2. In Kodi enter settings for P2P-Streams, set everything to default, then under acestream disable 'kill ace engine if player stops' (this just prevents kodi from closing acestream engine)
3. Thats it, as soon as you try to open acestream link you should get message that it's attempting to play torrent, so you'll know it's working
Just notice one slightly annoying drawback. Acestream links will continue to run when you change the channel to regular channel or even leave kodi. So make sure you always stop the stream with stop button when you stop watching. It's not needed only in case of changing from acestream channel to acestream channel, for all other cases make sure you stop it.
I got Acestream working but any stream with Sopcast
Gives me an error, any ideas..
Install the Sopcast apk on your box, it works for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
got Acestream working on Android TV Box0