Pressing T on keyboard opens subtitle menu
Hi, I am on Ubuntu 14.04, Kodi 15.1, while watching live TV, pressing T on the keyboard is supposed to enable / disable the subtitles, but instead it opens the subtitles menu and pauses live TV. I have checked and T, by default, should just enable / disable subtitles. How can I get this default behaviour back?

Kind regards.
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens? When debugging is on it will log the action that is applied.
(2015-09-05, 03:12)Ned Scott Wrote: Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens? When debugging is on it will log the action that is applied.

Sorry, should have used the logs in the first place.

I found this in the log:

Code:
OnKey: t (0xf054) pressed, action is ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch)

Then I found this in the keyboard.xml:

Code:
<t>ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch)</t>

Removed that and everything now works as expected.

Thanks.
Sure you don't want to press L ?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-09-05, 08:22)mkortstiege Wrote: Sure you don't want to press L ?

You are exactly correct. L is the correct button.
I was using this page as a refference:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls

L is down for Next subtitle.

Thanks for the help, my mce remote is almost as good as when it was on a Windows machine.

Cheers.
Jep. L will toggle through all available (already parsed and identified) subtitles.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
On my Mac OSX Kodi T enables / disables subtitles and L cycles through the subtitles.
On my Ubuntu 14.04 T opens the subtitles window (for downloading subs) and L cycles through the subtitles.

I would like to understand why this is and how to change this.

Kind regards.
Both on the same kodi version?
(2015-09-05, 20:31)speedyrazor Wrote: On my Mac OSX Kodi T enables / disables subtitles and L cycles through the subtitles.
On my Ubuntu 14.04 T opens the subtitles window (for downloading subs) and L cycles through the subtitles.

I would like to understand why this is and how to change this.

Kind regards.

Think <t> should be ShowSubtitles
both in FullscreenVideo and VideoMenu

why it is different no idea.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pressing T on keyboard opens subtitle menu0