Kodi won't connect to wireless dongle
Can you test it with another Dongle, or another wireless USB unit ??
I don't understand what other kind of USB unit I can test it with. I still can't believe I'm the only one with this issue
I different dongle, or something similar to this, http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WR710N-...h+ethernet
That unit looks a bit on the 'heavy' side for what you're trying to achieve (you'll need some knowledge about how to set up the networking) and it needs a US style power socket to get power - that said, you could set it up in bridge mode, connect the Pi via ethernet cable ...

The extend USB referred to earlier is a simple USB cable with a socket at one end and a plug at the other - with this you can move the dongle away from the Pi or other possible interference source.

A thought on the SKY router - are you trying to use it to access the local network, or just the internet? Some of these boxes come set to isolate wifi connected units from the local net, and you have to change the settings.
Derek
Thanks for the info. I just plugged it in and it connected without further fiddling. I'll have to get on the net and do a bit of searching to see what the setting are.
I don't know if you found a solution but i was having the same issue. I ended up just just going to System > Openelec > System > Reset system settings to default. I did lose all my repo's but they are nice and easy to reinstall and the wifi works spot on.. hope this helps.
I had an issue with my RPi2 and wiped the card, then reinstalled OpenELEC 6.0.3 from scratch. The wireless connection to my router consistently failed. Resetting via OpenELEC menu didn't help, still fails to connect and reports connection state as Failure. Any thoughts if this is a similar or same issue?
Dead-thread Necromancer!

Mac Mini (mid-2011) • 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 • 8Gb RAM • OS X 10.9.5 • TVMC 14.2
Raspberry Pi 2 • OpenELEC 6.0
I don't see anywhere that you've changed the password on the router to your original password (so that the password stored in the pi matches the wifi network password)? Have you had any success connecting any other device to your wifi network?
(2016-03-20, 05:25)dWooluf Wrote: I don't see anywhere that you've changed the password on the router to your original password (so that the password stored in the pi matches the wifi network password)? Have you had any success connecting any other device to your wifi network?

No issues with other devices on my network, and my wifi passkey is fixed, so I'm at a loss.
Dead-thread Necromancer!

Mac Mini (mid-2011) • 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 • 8Gb RAM • OS X 10.9.5 • TVMC 14.2
Raspberry Pi 2 • OpenELEC 6.0
(2016-03-21, 17:27)sprale Wrote:
(2016-03-20, 05:25)dWooluf Wrote: I don't see anywhere that you've changed the password on the router to your original password (so that the password stored in the pi matches the wifi network password)? Have you had any success connecting any other device to your wifi network?

No issues with other devices on my network, and my wifi passkey is fixed, so I'm at a loss.

Didn't look like he was replying to your question. Normally, it's recommended to start your own thread to avoid confusion and clutter.
This is similar to pushing your way into a lineup and complaining about your issue when it isn't your turn.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi won't connect to wireless dongle0