Linux Install Kodi on Debian 7.8
Hi
I have problem with compile Kodi on debian 7.8
Quote:sudo apt-get install git
git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git
sudo apt-get update

Quote:sudo apt-get install automake autopoint bison build-essential ccache cmake curl cvs default-jre fp-compiler gawk gdc gettext git-core gperf libasound2-dev libass-dev libavcodec-dev libavfilter-dev libavformat-dev libavutil-dev libbluetooth-dev libbluray-dev libbluray1 libboost-dev libboost-thread-dev libbz2-dev libcap-dev libcdio-dev libcec-dev libcec1 libcrystalhd-dev libcrystalhd3 libcurl3 libcurl4-gnutls-dev libcwiid-dev libcwiid1 libdbus-1-dev libenca-dev libflac-dev libfontconfig-dev libfreetype6-dev libfribidi-dev libglew-dev libiso9660-dev libjasper-dev libjpeg-dev libltdl-dev liblzo2-dev libmad0-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libmodplug-dev libmp3lame-dev libmpeg2-4-dev libmpeg3-dev libmysqlclient-dev libnfs-dev libogg-dev libpcre3-dev libplist-dev libpng-dev libpostproc-dev libpulse-dev libsamplerate-dev libsdl-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libshairport-dev libsmbclient-dev libsqlite3-dev libssh-dev libssl-dev libswscale-dev libtiff-dev libtinyxml-dev libtool libudev-dev libusb-dev libva-dev libva-egl1 libva-tpi1 libvdpau-dev libvorbisenc2 libxml2-dev libxmu-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libxslt1-dev libxt-dev libyajl-dev mesa-utils nasm pmount python-dev python-imaging python-sqlite swig unzip yasm zip zlib1g-dev

Quote:cd xbmc
./bootstrap
./configure

And when i do
Quote:make
i got this error

Quote:root@NAS:~/xbmc# make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

Anyone can help me?
You have gcc installed, yes...?

The error suggests there's no makefile, so ./configure isn't working. I'd expect it to throw an error to tell you why it's failed, though...
Of course he has gcc (build essential provides that) also its not sudo apt-get install git, correct is git-core which is in the dependency list you pasted (the only thing you need to install before compiling or cloning.

However, that dependency list is incomplete you're missing stuff uuid-dev dcadec-dev and some of the libs dont exist in Debian or Ubuntu like crossguid which you also missing and need to be compiled.

You want to read https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master/docs and start again.

And also... the config.log in a pastebin are usefull.
Ok I read README.linux and try agn and install dcadec-dev and uuid-dev

Quote:root@NAS:~/kodi# sudo apt-get install -f uuid-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
dcadec-dev : Depends: dcadec1 (= 0.1.1+git3) but it is not installable
uuid-dev : Depends: libuuid1 (= 2.26.2-9) but 2.20.1-5.3 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

error in ./configure

configure: error: libdcadec not found

http://pastebin.com/EEBd6XW1
Broken packaging for debian ... come back with ubuntu ... it's always the same shit to get stuff running for this outdated server operating system ...

Alternatively check the readme again and build those libs by hand.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I want NAS/HTPC so only Debian 7.x works with Openmediavault. Before 2 months i installed debian 7.8 and kodi 15 and everything works perfectly. Now I get new hdd so I install new system and have problem with kodi, only xmbc v 11 work Sad
What's wrong with people? If you get an error, you £&€@ google it.

In this case it's so unbelievable obvious that a required library is missing. So why don't you go ahead and google "dcadec", click on the first friggin hit, build and install it . Do the same with other missing stuff, and then run ./configure again?
OMG Soli...........

I try 100000x install missing library and I got error: Pleasea check README. ... . .. . "

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install Kodi on Debian 7.80