Kodi using MCE Remote
Because of windows 10 migration I have decided to try KODI over my long time use of MB3 (EMBY) for my HTPC interface.
I have search the posts and there is various methods (some old/ new) on how to re-map MCE remotes to work with all Kodi functions.
The MCE RC6 remote I am using actually controls most everything with the following exceptions:

1. The "more" button does not behave like "i" or information key
2. I would like to launch Kodi using the "Green MCE Button"

My question, Kodi offers two supplemental programs that I can see for re-mapping
MCE Remote add-on and Keymap Editor
Which one of these should I use to make a simple modification like getting the "more" button to act like the "I" key

thx
Bw
I think both, but I would just use Keymap editor simply because I know for sure that it will work.
i would say use none of both, but this is only my personal favorite: i use Eventghost for my MCE Remote.
I used Eventghost to check what the remote sends and how often it sends.
You can also tag which button should have a repeate or which one will not repeat.
MCE Remote add-on was my first try, but it was not what i wanted.
If you want to use the MCE Remote add-on the Keymap Editor is most of the time a must,
so if you want to use the first, also add the second.
http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote_auto.html

I followed this tutorial to get it setup and it works great. The green button even launches Kodi.

The only thing I can't figure out is how to get the 4 colored buttons on the bottom of my remote to work. The red one works, but the others don't. I think it's a Windows registry thing but I was never able to fix it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi using MCE Remote0