[Advanced library filtering] 'Filter selection' should be kept enabled
Hello,

when browsing the library, the 'view options' allow to set a 'filter', which filters according to genres, years or even user-defined movie tags.
But if I start a movie and then go back to the library, all filter settings are resetted and lost. So, I have to select the filter another time.

It would be great if the filter options would be kept active until e.g. the next time one returns to main menu or even until the next restart of Kodi or until the user disables the filter manually.

Many thanks, malvinas2
I would definitely like to "bump" this post - I have precisely the same issue and it drives me batty.
I believe "smart filters" or "playlists" did a similar, nail down functionality where you can permanently make a list of movies which fit a certain criteria, but the UI for this is not ideal.

I would love to filter my way down to something and either save the filter or at least have the view remain filtered if I back out of the movie. The behavior is odd.

1 Go to movies (2200 movies listed)
2 Apply filters I'd like
3 300 movies listed (screen is UPDATED, view is NEW)
4 Choose movie
5 Back out of movie. (SHOULD revert to step "3" instead goes to step 1)

It's frustrating.
+1 from me :)

I think the advanced library filter has a lot of potential if some of these little oddities are taken care of.
Ned man, I thought you were the fixer, not the +1'er!? Smile
Hi all, I have the same issue, is there any fix/workaround now?
It also happens with collections, eg:

1 Go to movies (2200 movies listed)
2 Apply filters I'd like
3 300 movies & collections listed
4 Enter a collection 
5 Back out of collection
=> SHOULD revert to step "3" instead goes to step 1

Basically makes the filter feature unusable for me (I have a lot of collections).
(2024-01-05, 11:06)remy_david Wrote: Hi all, I have the same issue, is there any fix/workaround now?
Why should it? Only 8 years have passed.
Could somebody look at fixing this so that filters remain active, until manually turned off. It's kind of useless at the moment, for example filter your library of TV shows, select a show to view the season list then go back and the filter you just spend time setting up is reset Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Advanced library filtering] 'Filter selection' should be kept enabled0