Moving my Skin to other boxes - Please Help!
Hi All,

New to this......

I recently purchased an Instabox with Kodi on, my partner has been messing with the box and adding loads of Add-ons and Stalker, etc.... while i have been decorating the skin.

I have made a nice skin that is simple to use and the menu's have all be arranged the way on want them and backgrounds etc.

Anyway, i did a backup over the weekend with the Backup add-on (floppy disk logo). I backed up everything on my box to a USB, removed the USB and put into my sons Kodi Box, used the backup add-on again to restore from the USB and everything added to my sons box apart from my skin.

All the add-ons restored to the new box but i lost my skin completely, no backgrounds or menu's.

How do i do a complete backup including my skin to add to another box??

I have two boxes i want to add my custom skin and addons to and i would also like to send a zip file to my brother and sister as they would like my skin and addons as well, this would need to be sent via email or dropbox though.

Any ideas how to do this??

I know its possible because when i received my new box the gentleman emailed me a skin on a wizard thing but i didn't like it.

Thanks in advance for any help.
I'm mostly new to this myself and i'm still learning but from what I gather from my backups and restores is your other box is trying to use its own settings rather than them being over written by the backup. That backup addon also doesn't work for me, don't know why. Try installing community portal (http://noobsandnerds.com/portal) and create a universal backup that can be used on other devices. Tell it to not keep your settings. Take that backup, install portal onto the other box, and restore that backup onto it. Once you finish the backup, end task on kodi in your box settings ( hit your home button to bring you to your box homescreen, navigate to other settings, apps, kodi, end task) That will allow your skin to overwrite on the box and remain intact. I have however had your very problem using this method as well (everything there but no background artwork) so I had to do the process all over again and it finally stuck. Give this a try and see what happens.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving my Skin to other boxes - Please Help!0