New Raspberry Pi Offical 7" LCD display
(2015-09-13, 17:36)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-09-13, 13:13)noggin Wrote: Build #0911 used with the Raspberry Pi 7" Display defaults to the display being upside down and needs a
Code:
display_rotate=2
in config.txt to make it the right way up. I don't think I've built my Pimoroni case the wrong way up - Raspbian displays correctly.

You're holding it wrong. Wink

I was wondering if I'd put the legs in the stand wrong... But Raspbian is fine :S
(2015-09-13, 13:13)noggin Wrote: Build #0911 used with the Raspberry Pi 7" Display defaults to the display being upside down and needs a
Code:
display_rotate=2
in config.txt to make it the right way up. I don't think I've built my Pimoroni case the wrong way up - Raspbian displays correctly.

I also don't have touch controls in this build.

I believe kodi is correct, and raspbian will behave the same if rpi-update is run.
The LCD has a better viewing angle from above than from below and the update makes that the default.

Note: lcd_rotate=2 is a better option. It does the rotate by writing to LCD control registers so is cheaper, and won't flip hdmi if you use both displays.
Oh. Odd. The Pi Swag Store shows it mounted the way I have mine mounted : http://swag.raspberrypi.org/collections/...en-display

Flexible DPI and Touch connectors at the top of the screen? Have Pimoroni built an upside-down case? It's going to be a pain if the power supply goes in at the bottom rather than the top.
(2015-09-13, 23:37)noggin Wrote: Flexible DPI and Touch connectors at the top of the screen? Have Pimoroni built an upside-down case? It's going to be a pain if the power supply goes in at the bottom rather than the top.

I put mine together the same way as you so I hope it is not upside down.
I ran apt get update / apt get upgrade today ... and Raspbian still the right way up for me.
(2015-09-17, 22:18)Paul Webster Wrote:
(2015-09-13, 23:37)noggin Wrote: Flexible DPI and Touch connectors at the top of the screen? Have Pimoroni built an upside-down case? It's going to be a pain if the power supply goes in at the bottom rather than the top.

I put mine together the same way as you so I hope it is not upside down.
I ran apt get update / apt get upgrade today ... and Raspbian still the right way up for me.

Yep - mine stayed the right way up as per the swag store photos with apt-get update and apt-get upgrade, but I haven't done an rpi-update in Raspbian yet.
Hi guys, any way to get the touch function working without access to nightly/beta builds?

(edit: sorry, should've asked on the osmc forum, never mind)
We added some basic support for the touch screen in the latest OSMC update. The screen will now automatically be detected and presses work to an extent. This will be further refined in the October update

Sam
Just a note that the display can only do 50hz, not 60hz (despite being advertised as 60hz). The engineer confirmed this in the Raspberry Pi blog, don't know if this is ever going to be fixed in software or is a hardware limitation.
(2015-10-01, 14:46)plinkyplonky Wrote: Just a note that the display can only do 50hz, not 60hz (despite being advertised as 60hz). The engineer confirmed this in the Raspberry Pi blog, don't know if this is ever going to be fixed in software or is a hardware limitation.

Could you provide a link to this discussion? That's potentially good news for those of us in Europe - as a 60Hz display is not great for Kodi for Live TV etc. here. 50Hz would be a much better refresh rate.
Perhaps a dumb question, but are you able to get the display and the regular HDMI to run cloned? I am running the Millhouse nightly and it only displays to the 7" display although the sound comes through the TV...I know I am missing something. Ideally I would love the display to just to show the menu etc with the video actually played out the HDMI port but not sure (based on reading) that this is possible? Any help would be great...
(2015-10-22, 04:03)fastattack5 Wrote: Perhaps a dumb question, but are you able to get the display and the regular HDMI to run cloned? I am running the Millhouse nightly and it only displays to the 7" display although the sound comes through the TV...I know I am missing something. Ideally I would love the display to just to show the menu etc with the video actually played out the HDMI port but not sure (based on reading) that this is possible? Any help would be great...

Not supported. In theory it is possible but requires work.
Cloning the display is not quite trivial as the resolutions and aspect ratios are different. It would need code added to duplicate the GUI and video rendering code.

Running video on the one display and gui on other is quite trivial, but I suspect it won't be what you want. The OSD and subtitles will appear on the "wrong" display.
You probably also want photos and visualisations to appear on the big display, but they are part of GUI so that won't happen.

This is a real niche use case, so I'm unlikely to spend the considerable time needed to make it work nicely.
Nothing to stop someone else from implemented it, or perhaps a simpler scheme of using the LCD to display fanart or track details of what is playing (an enhanced LCDproc.
(2015-10-22, 17:53)popcornmix Wrote: Running video on the one display and gui on other is quite trivial, ...

Exactly this is what I'm looking for!

Running latest OSMC 2015.11-1 on RPi2, I get output only on the touchscreen, no HDMI output.
Any hint how to get GUI on touch display and Video playback on HDMI?
(2015-12-10, 19:39)meeker-pi Wrote: Running latest OSMC 2015.11-1 on RPi2, I get output only on the touchscreen, no HDMI output.

You'll need to edit code and rebuild. If you are in a position where you can do that I can give some pointers.
sounds good! I'm not really a code guru, but let's give it a try...
(2015-12-10, 20:09)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-12-10, 19:39)meeker-pi Wrote: Running latest OSMC 2015.11-1 on RPi2, I get output only on the touchscreen, no HDMI output.

You'll need to edit code and rebuild. If you are in a position where you can do that I can give some pointers.

Hello there,
have you already found a solution? I need exactly the same configuration. It is not important that the subtitles are displayed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Raspberry Pi Offical 7" LCD display1